Not-so-good-and-old "How do you feel" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by DeepInMisery
well atleast here in stupid Sweden because our stupid ancestors
decided to live here.. now we have to live with their decision :lol:
or move... but we are too lazy :p

So true... it feels good knowing my ancestors were morons, which makes it likely they passed on their moron genes to me... :D But then again I'm moving away sooon... so maybe not.
-18 C here... hot & sunny... yeah right.

Bah, the northern spirit was forged in snow and ice. We were built to withstand the winters of Nordland, not cower in fear of +10 like the southerners.

Welcome back to Northern Lights and D_J.

As for the cold, I like the winter more than the summer. I can't stand warm temperatures. They make me feel very... sick.

There's also less sunlight out then, so I won't get sunburnt. My New Year's was okay. I drank some alcohol mixed with Sprite and sleeping aid tea... and woke up at noon today. I should really start sleeping in a pattern. School is starting in less than a week.

Cold is evil, i freeze at +10. Summer is cool :)p) tho, i can stand easily anything up to +35.

Which moron? :eek:

:cry: I feel afraid to live in my city right now after this happened.

The LRT does have lax security and a couple of incidents have happened there. I have always prefered to take the bus or walk aboveground rather than take the underground system, as it is creepy down there.

I find it quite disturbing and depressing almost no one, out of all the people in the train, did anything while the victims were being attacked. I've been on the LRT many times and there are emergency switches all around the trains. Someone could have just reached up to hit the switch or could have called police on their cellphone, at the very least. It is frightening to witness an incident like that, but you've got to do something. For me I would think "what if it was my family member, significant other, or one of my friends in that situation?". I know the victims in these situations are someone's family, friend, love, etc. and are as important to them as my loved ones are to me... I would sure want someone to intervene if anyone I care for was in trouble, so I would try to do the same.

The fact it is a possibly racially-motivated, random act freaks me out too... The people were targeted based on their race and being at the wrong place. Ugh, depending on the prejudice of the attackers, almost anyone can be a target. I thought Edmonton was quite tolerant before. :(

With this and an anthrax scare, this city isn't an ideal place to live...

@mouse: cellphones don't work on the underground. and no city is safe. this said, there is an interesting edge in the fact that racial attacks are now beginnig to be started by non-whites against whites. couple this with the muslim-christian rift and there you have payback for centuries of idiocy. i wouldn't want to be white.

but wait a minute, i am white! :rolleyes:. i hope i don't get beaten up anytime soon.

but back on topic with this thread. how do i feel? i have a slight cold and this is evil, but my head is replete with thoughts. not that those are of any relevance, mind you... it just is.

i think that i will spend the day part reading, part studying, waiting for the illness to go away. i need to do laundry but the laundry room is not accessible today. not much more to say at the moment, i'm losing some connection with this board. i hope it comes back.

h

Well this could be the alcahol talking, but you need not worry, b/c those insicdents are prety rare. If you are relly worred take a few selfdefense classes they are fun and very usful.

nick9Im sort of drunk, and its 5 in th feckin morn)

@mousie: That thing is just sad. :(

I feel pretty ok regarding what i've been through this week.

I'm glad we don't have minorities with grudges in Finland... Finland is actually one of the most homogenous countries in Europe.

Unfortunatelly we do have minorities with grudges here, who can be very violent sometimes, last night i got pretty scared at some point.

mouse: :( also this town, even if small and "dead" isn't safe at all...i was really scared once going with a friend towards a pub in the suburbs..

about the topic: i haven't started with my homework yet :s and it's a load of stuff to do, so i feel :bah:
anyway i'm enjoying a lot going out with some people, they're really really nice, a boring night at the pub becomes a really funny, mad thing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.