Not-so-good-and-old "How do you feel" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm incredibly tired. good night, board.
goodnight.gif

Miolo

bu!

i have a dream (i know, wrong thread). when i become filthy rich, i will hire rahvin to be my personal driver. i will rent a house for him and his partner/kids if he has any of that, and feed them, in exchange for NEVER having to use public transport again.

i love long drives in the middle of nowhere, but i hate driving in cities, and i hate buses, tubes and whatnot. i just hate. so rahve, be warned: you'll be submerged with money as soon as possible. :)

i had the weirdest night yesterday. i went out with a guy i'm going out with (pretty logical) and whom i don't really care for, except we keep seeing each other and talking on the phone all the time. then another guy called, one whom i like, but can't really have anything with because he's got his own little family and i'm not a part of it. i was already ridiculously drunk when strolling from one pub, where i was with the first guy and two friends, to the other, where i met this other guy for reasons still unknown to me. all i did while drinking (again!) with him was staring at the table or at the bottom of my beer glass. i kept on sending messages to rahvin and saying "i'm drunk. i have to go back at the other pub.", or alternatively "i'm drunk. i need sleep. i have to go to a show. you have to go somewhere else." thanks bubu i was three sheets and therefore unable to conceive stuff such as desire or intention: i really just wanted to go to bed. then i went back to the other pub, and off we all went to the show. we entered the squat, the show started, i found a chair, sat on the chair, and fell asleep. the show went on. this guy whom i'm sort of with (but this will be no longer in a couple of days, methinks - neither of us is convinced, so there's no point really) woke me up and said "this is a bad show. let's go home". we drove to his house and i felt horribly sick on the road. i didn't throw up, but i spend 15 mins dreaming of a toilet. then we reached home. i plunged in the toilet, then resulfaced, had a shower, went to sleep. this was 1.30 am. i woke up at 9.30, without any hangover for once. i came back to my own place, had a good lunch, and now i'm going to spend the day reading.

phew.

@hyena: sorry for not replying after a while but my cellphone ran out of money (it did of its own will, of course, i had nothing to do with this :rolleyes: ). all considered it seems we keep on using the same means of enlightenment: degrading our hosts for the evening to desperate ways to reach a toilet. i have nothing to object to this dignified, classy method. yet at the same time i think we're too focused on "method" to ever get to the point where "result" kicks in, except from the toilet, that is.

rahvin.

@rahve: i guessed that, in fact i wasn't holding a grudge :)

and i see nothing beyond reaching a toilet. :rolleyes:

h

Originally posted by hyena
we drove to his house and i felt horribly sick on the road. i didn't throw up, but i spend 15 mins dreaming of a toilet.

Bubu! it's terrible when you feel like puking but you still don't manage to, especially if you are in a car and can't think to anything else :ill:

i needed to share :loco:

ohh! nice news (nowt to do with toilets). a friend of mine is launching a record label and apparently i'm in as band manager and occasional coproducer. this is too good! i was lacking a proper hobby or distraction, now this fits extremely well and being back in the smalltime music industry makes me happy. the first band we've got to do is horrible, in my opinion, but it's got to have potential, not to be my next favorite act :D

h

Originally posted by Hiljainen
Bubu! it's terrible when you feel like puking but you still don't manage to, especially if you are in a car and can't think to anything else :ill:

actually, there's a funny tale involving me, wolfy, a car, and puking. it's a bit like you said, except for the part when you do manage. :D

btw, hilj, i bet you ought to be happy for not having gone out last night: i've heard about this terrible accident involving a russian truck driver and a car full of young ppl in castel s. giovanni's surroundings. :s
i'm not a good father for you after all. :cry:

@hyena: congrats! can i do anything at all in this project? ;)

rahvin.

@rahve: of course you can help. i'll tell you how. you're going to be involved in some of the fun when you visit anyway.

first, check out our website at www.ragedrecords.com. it's kind of empty, therefore any proposal is welcome. tell me how you'd like it to be, and we'll turn your wishes into reality. :) this applies to everyone else too.

the war plan is as follows. this week we're going to start on our first proper band, the three records on the website being the varied offspring of my business partner andrea in his numerous incarnation. :)

this band is called "the prisoners", a local punk '77 act. we're putting out an EP called "la solita storia", please download the tracks at http://80.116.231.163/upload/files/La Solita Storia/
and let me know what you think.

important rule: we, the label, are not here to say if we personally like them or not. we're signing them on the grounds of their potential (of course we shouldn't hate them as well, but it's not mandatory that they are our next favorite band). these guys have a good local following and we think we could easily press 1,000. the question you have to ask youyrself is: what should be done to better the quality of their music? to give you an idea, i think that since they have so many lines ending with accented words (esp. tune number 3) there should be some work on backing vocals, drumrolls and guitar shreds at the end of the verses/choruses.

we're meeting them this week to discuss the timing of their release. then for one month we're going to be present at their rehearsals and try to enforce our ideas on the quality of the actual playing. we're focused on giving better quality to the natural traits of the band, in this case aggression in particular: it's obvious that they want to take it out, but the poor recording and some bad musical choices smother it a bit too much. moreover, i think i know what they want to say with their lyrics and i also know a better way of saying the same thing. you get the picture.

after this pre-run, we're taking them into andrea's home studio for the actual recording. then we'll work like slaves mixing and mastering, then we'll get the CDs in may and send them off touring for the summer.

we also have another band in the works, melodic punk rockers bonnie parkers. check them out at http://www.benicetomommy.com/bonnieparkers/ . those are a bit more on the local rock star side, therefore the work will be different - we're not launching them, we're keeping them on the wave.

i am also very keen on SHARPS razzapparte, and would love to sign them. their tunes are available at http://stage.vitaminic.it/main/razzapparte/all_tracks/
. andrea is not much of the oi! type, and we don't have the money now anyway, but that's the next project in my dream world.

i'm waiting for feedback. hurry hurry. :)

h

This thread is undying as long as you have emotions:
Replies 1498 and views 11571.
If it compared to good-old-NP-thread..
Replies:4393 and Views: 25402

I AM A GOD..not THE just A.

NP: Borknagar - Icon Dreams
(Mr AH is better that Mr SH, at least on growls)

Originally posted by DeepInMisery
She's the funniest person on UM i think :) (and kind)

Now I understand how come Pratchett isn't the best seller of all time...it's simply that some people are wrong in their definition of fun :p ;)

fathervic (not_funny)

Hehe these posts made me laugh :D
*thinks of all kind of not-funny, ridiculous things to say..*
Naaah... Tseems I (finally!) have a reputation to keep up. :p
Yeah.. whatever....

NF: Highly annoyed. I have this... CKV-day today. Cultural, art-something something something. Hmm.. Maybe I shoudl get a dictionary.. Anyway, we have to go downtown and do all kind of stupid things, so we will get in contact with art n stuff. Damn, I've been to more musea then the teacher! Why does it have to be compulsory..? (Obviously, otherwise no-one will go, at all..) *sigh* Aaaaaargh! A friend is telling me now, we have to pay for it as well! :eek: Noooo way I am gonna do that! ....Oh man.... Where's my mp3player and three pair reserve batteries?? Help me hjälp mig aiuto!
Viva La Mp3playera!

Er.... I'm not a Pratchett freak but considering that Melon's argument and the evidence shining in the lines above my post... Pratchett powah!!! :p

|ng (In the wrong road of fun)

Originally posted by rahvin
actually, there's a funny tale involving me, wolfy, a car, and puking. it's a bit like you said, except for the part when you do manage. :D

:lol:

btw, hilj, i bet you ought to be happy for not having gone out last night: i've heard about this terrible accident involving a russian truck driver and a car full of young ppl in castel s. giovanni's surroundings. :s
i'm not a good father for you after all. :cry:

Yeah i heard about it and it's good that i was at home :( , then i went out sunday night, there was fog around 8/8.30pm but it all went away soon luckily :)

Status
Not open for further replies.