OPETH

Brett - K A L I S I A

Dreaded Moderator
Feb 26, 2004
France
www.towerstudio.net
Please post all questions, comments & anything related to this artist here.

Deliverence / Lamentations (DVD)

opeth_deliverence.jpg
opeth_lamentations.jpg

I noticed that when the left guitar plays solo for a few measures there is reverb for it in the right. Does anyone know if there is reverb on the distorted guitars the whole time? I think Andy said he doesn't normally do that. But maybe for such a tame band. :p

I don't think of deliverance as a "dry" record...so I'd say yes, a little reverb on guitars going on all of the time, but it can be just my ears. :D

i think it only during the solo..its pretty common to add reverb to just the solo alone

I don't mean a lead guitar it's a rhythm part. I'll find the track so everyone can listen tomorrow. Perhaps you mean that it's common to add reverb to a rhythm part under a solo?

Hey Andy if you read this, what kind of amps where used for the lead tones on Deliverance? They sound very fluid and just make me crap myself overall.

Hey Andy if you read this, what kind of amps where used for the lead tones on Deliverance? They sound very fluid and just make me crap myself overall.

A big part of that is Mikael Akerfeldt's playing. I feel the need to comment on this as I was just listening to Ghost Reveries. He's a bad motherfucker indeed.

Speaking of GR, I think the drums on that record suffer greatly for lack of Mr. Sneap. The guitar and bass tones are great, but the drums are so thin and buried in the mix. Does anyone know if the drums on Deliverance are triggered at all? I've heard it's all acoustic save for the kicks during the heavy sections, but I don't know for sure.

I'd hate to be the poor bastard trying to trigger Martin Lopez's snare, that's for sure. Ghost notes up the ass.

@Sinister Mephisto : Opeth tend to use a litle reverb on all their rhythm guitars

@DSS3 : As some others have mentioned, it was Gary Holt's Modded Marshall, not Andy's

@Exocaster : Andy has just told me that the kick was 100% triggered and snare was 50%

@Moonlapse : Andy just told me the rhythm guitars were Laney, but he's not sure what the Recto was used for.