slipknot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. My friend kept asking me if korn, slipknot, godsmack, was death metal.
Than i played something like Cryptopsy, kataklysm, etc.
And he said thats "crap-metal" and that they have no talent whats so ever.
:lol:

I liked the screams/harsh vocals associated with Nu Metal back in its heyday around 2000 when I was a middle school kid but what got on my nerves was its clean vocals it used. Nu Metal bands like early Mudvayne and Slipknot were my gateway to extreme metal. Dig was great, i still like that song along with Wait and Bleed. But both bands became softer and more mainstream and their new albums had parts I don't care for.

slipknot came out with Iowa, and i kicked ass. Vol.3 wasnt as good but it has a couple of good songs. i think slipknot is veryt metal, they got me out of rap and alternative rock, and all thse other hit tracks and into real good metal, for a while i listen to almost nothing but slipknot, korn, godsmack, and system of a down. now i dont listen to any of them except slipknot, but i thank them for pushing me towards the thrash/death metal i listen to today.ex- slayer, mastadon, metallica, cannibal corpse, athiest, death, at the gates, etc.

Slipknot [and other nu-metal] takes metal, and destroys all the value metal has. It takes out the skill and puts in half electronic sounds, it takes out the compositional element [as influenced by classical] and turns it into funky "catchy" tune [like hip-hop/rap], it takes the cultural base chops it up blends it and trys to make a piece of art out of it with elmers glue, and it takes out deep and intelligent themes and replaces it with sex sex drug drugs violence violence. It basically is metal dumbed down to a typical American 12-16 year-old level, and is only appealing because of the stupid themes [that seem oh so deep to most of its fans], and simple yet seemingly "badass" catchy tune [that truly all suck horribly].

I would label the genre as: crappy Electronic/Hardcore Pop/Hard Rock [aka Nu-metal], its basically what I would expect from a band of 12 year olds with rap and electronic influences attempting to make "progressive metal".

a moogle:

Ok, obviously you're quite passionate about how much you're not a fan. Neither am I, and I agree with you that it's pretty much metal for 12 year olds. But to say shit like
a moogle said:
It takes out the skill and puts in half electronic sounds, it takes out the compositional element [as influenced by classical] and turns it into funky "catchy" tune [like hip-hop/rap], it takes the cultural base chops it up blends it and trys to make a piece of art out of it with elmers glue, and it takes out deep and intelligent themes and replaces it with sex sex drug drugs violence violence
just makes you look like a typical elitist narrow minded metal knob. Guess what. Music shouldn't have rules. If it did, there wouldn't be metal in the first place.

Slipknot [and other nu-metal] takes metal, and destroys all the value metal has. It takes out the skill and puts in half electronic sounds, it takes out the compositional element [as influenced by classical] and turns it into funky "catchy" tune [like hip-hop/rap], it takes the cultural base chops it up blends it and trys to make a piece of art out of it with elmers glue, and it takes out deep and intelligent themes and replaces it with sex sex drug drugs violence violence. It basically is metal dumbed down to a typical American 12-16 year-old level, and is only appealing because of the stupid themes [that seem oh so deep to most of its fans], and simple yet seemingly "badass" catchy tune [that truly all suck horribly].

I would label the genre as: crappy Electronic/Hardcore Pop/Hard Rock [aka Nu-metal], its basically what I would expect from a band of 12 year olds with rap and electronic influences attempting to make "progressive metal".

LOL. My nigga. I couldn't have said it better myself and anyone who believes Slipknot is made up of accomplished musicians clearly has extremely low standards of what makes a musician good. The only member that has some skill is the drummer, but whatever skill he has is wasted on a toilet band that is very unmetal.

Status
Not open for further replies.