TESTAMENT

oh and i have to say mr.sneap i hope that you completly disregard this douchbag whom we all agree should go suck a dick and die, the rest of us appreciate your works and your willingness to share your methods with us thank you and once again sorry aboot the douchbag.

I'm serious about drummers playing more accurate with triggers, try it, it soon shows up how messy their feet are. Simon (sabbats drummer) got so much tighter as soon as we threw triggers on the kit live. Even if its just so hes getting a better monitor mix it can help.

I gotta agree with THE SNEAP. Its definitely true.

My drummer went ballistic once he realized his feet were lacking. He started wood shedding all over again with the triggers on the kit.

This dude is just another "purist". He probably listens to Barry Manilow records and think the production on Enya records is something difficult to achieve

The hardest thing to watch is when a drummer hasn't done his homework... You put triggers on the kit, and he starts blaming the shitty playing on the triggers. Hard to watch a grown man cry. :lol:

I'm serious about drummers playing more accurate with triggers, try it, it soon shows up how messy their feet are. Simon (sabbats drummer) got so much tighter as soon as we threw triggers on the kit live. Even if its just so hes getting a better monitor mix it can help.

Totally agree. Our whole band play tighter when there's a decent amount of triggered kick through the monitors.

My comments/questions regarding TFOD:

quite the album - will take awhile to fully digest.

drums are.....BIG!

the guitars seem to vary a bit in tone over the course of the album - was it different EQ's, recording sessions, amps...or am I hearing the dual vs. quad tracking? I like them best on #6 (The Persecuted...).

I'm diggin' the bass on the last tune (#11, Leave Me...). Was it done differently than the rest of the album, or is it just that the guitars have less gain making it pop out more?

Last question - what additional recordings were done in England and why? Just curious how that process works.

ah some valid questions!
Persecuted was just 2 guitars, rest was 4 .....I think. We used 2 deans whilst tracking, one with EMGs and another with Di Marzios but we also had to swap tubes half way through the tracking also due to the amp going pop. But we didn't mind the difference so we just went with it.
Some of Erics solos were done over here in the UK because he didnt have them down by the time we'd done the rhythms.

ah some valid questions!
Persecuted was just 2 guitars, rest was 4 .....I think. We used 2 deans whilst tracking, one with EMGs and another with Di Marzios but we also had to swap tubes half way through the tracking also due to the amp going pop. But we didn't mind the difference so we just went with it.
Some of Erics solos were done over here in the UK because he didnt have them down by the time we'd done the rhythms.

interesting, and much appreciated!

As for the 4 guitar setup, was it the usual TS into the Fender EVH > Marshall with 30s, and the C4?

I really dig the sound of that new 5150, It sounds more OPEN to i guess you would say.

Any other Amps used?

Give us the diggs bruddah !!!

any chance of getting that samples from that album Toms & Snare especially, its pretty friggin awsome

Thread cleaned. thefyn is taking a 2 week vacation from the site.

Back on topic please (in the future, please just report posts, it's the little icon under people's names with the exclamation point).

I just realized this morning that the delay on Chuck's voice in the verses of Killing Season is total old school Testament. :headbang:

Ya the vocals in general on this are totally old school, Andy really did an awsome job of capturing the old testament sound with fresh production. Vocally this thing is just mind bottle'ing (you know when your mind gets all caught up like its in a bottle)

Yeah. I watched a recent interview with Chuck where he said that Eric wrote a lot of the record with Chuck's Vocals in mind. He said Eric really gave him a lot of breathing room. I think that's why the vocals stand out so well on this one, because they were shooting for exactly that.

Andy, you were saying that the tom sounds were not samples. Is there alot of EQ, Compression, etc going on to shape the sound, or is it more a question of great micing great drums?

Obviously it's a combination, but would you say that the punch, sound and the "stand-out-in-the-mix-ness" is already there, or does it come with processing?