TESTAMENT

Dark Roots of the Earth sold over 20,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release, and reached number twelve on the Billboard 200—Testament's highest U.S. chart position to date.

Congrats Andy! :kickass:

Yeah, Greg (Christian) posted this already couple of days ago on facebook. Well deserved, everybody involved in this album did a fantastic job

How's the making of DVD? Worth getting?

It depends, I found the title somewhat misleading. It's mainly interviews with the various band members. You won't get any gear info, songwriting tricks or recording and mixing tips from it.

Not Testament's future ... just that current lineup's future

True, in some sense the band with their current line up with Alex Skolnick ect. made Roots including Formation such a big success. without them they just would not be the same.

But I still think most people look at "The Gathering" as one of their best ever and it only had Chuck & Eric whereas "Low" was also awesome and only had Chuck, Eric & Greg

Just an opinion, I think Testament is capable of and will continue creating fantastic albums regardless of who else is in the band

But I still think most people look at "The Gathering" as one of their best ever and it only had Chuck & Eric whereas "Low" was also awesome and only had Chuck, Eric & Greg

Just an opinion, I think Testament is capable of and will continue creating fantastic albums regardless of who else is in the band

Yeah I completely agree. I think it just comes down to personal preference.
As long as Eric and Chuck is there.....I AM HAPPY :headbang:

For reasons that make no sense, I did not pick up this record till yesterday.

I've listened about 4 times but I have only heard the first 6 songs because I kept listening to the first 4 tracks over and over.

This record is stellar. This is what Metallica should sound like. No question Metallica need Sneap to produce their next one. And then get Chuck to sing and have Eric write.

Album of year?

:worship::worship:

For reasons that make no sense, I did not pick up this record till yesterday.

I've listened about 4 times but I have only heard the first 6 songs because I kept listening to the first 4 tracks over and over.

This record is stellar. This is what Metallica should sound like. No question Metallica need Sneap to produce their next one. And then get Chuck to sing and have Eric write.

Album of year?

so basically that would be metallica minus james hetfield

let's just agree testament should keep on making records and metallica should enjoy their money and call it a day

I listened to the record many times, but I consider their last strong record being The Gathering, don't get me wrong, last one is good, but a bit weaker compared to the gathering.
Of course my favorite is the second one followed by the first one, you can't top those two all time classics.