The Metal in terms of fashion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wrong with owning a Burzum shirt(hell, I got one myself - Det Som Engang Var style). I'm just saying that most of the people I've ever met that wear said shirts usually are the type of people who go on countless tirades about how "badass varg is" and how "anti-christian this and that".

Instead of liking Burzum for Varg's artistic merit, they like him for the murder and church burnings. To give you an idea of how stupid the people I'm talking about are, here is a perfect
example:
Dumbass number 1: this is some awesome black metal! What're they called!?
Dumbass number 2: CANNIBAL CORPSE MAN, BESTEST OF THE BESTEST BLACKNESS THERE IS!!!

or

Dumbass number 3: Nightwish is the best damned Funeral doom band evaaar!1!!

I've also found in my experiences that there are just as many people wearing Bathory shirts that act like retards than those with Burzum ones (if not more).

I find it sick when people dont know how to dress at all. Wearing band shirts can be really good looking or terrible. Its mostly always bad looking.

I don't think there's anything at all wrong with wearing band t-shirts...yes, there's lots of Burzum-wearing fans but really, when I go to the only and local shop that actually sells band shirts, the supply of shirts are really only available in more well-known/popular bands so I don't blame those who pick the Burzum one. It's a lot better than a Metallica, In Flames or Killswitch Engage shirt....

And the carping continues... Seriously, I'm just saying that if you're a metalhead, embrace it and if you avoid looking like one on the basis that it's a "trend", you can sod the right off.

I don't avoid it at all, I wear band or Toxico shirts/hoodies pretty much every day. But at least I am not preaching about looking different from the "stupid other people who don't understand metal" and feel special while I still look like everyone else.

A not-so-long time ago I used to be very fashion conscious. Always obsessed with my appearance, drinking at the "right" places, and surrounding myself with pretty people. I was a fucking pretentious idiot.'

As time went along I realised what I was doing, and also the calibre of people around me at that time, and so I decided to let it all go. Since then I have come back to my true self one could say... Sure I still like to be clean, well dressed etc, but I have let go of all that trendy shit for the most part.

It's good to be well presented, but to let that run your life is not healthy at all.

Personally I've never cared to give into trends or what's popular. My demonia boots costed over $200 but it's the boots I'm buying, I could care less about the brand name, in fact that was a very cheap price. I will always dress in whatever I want to wear regardless of what people think. On the other hand, my appearance is more important to myself than others and I usually dress nice anyways or nicer than most people because that is how I choose to look.

A not-so-long time ago I used to be very fashion conscious. Always obsessed with my appearance, drinking at the "right" places, and surrounding myself with pretty people. I was a fucking pretentious idiot.'

As time went along I realised what I was doing, and also the calibre of people around me at that time, and so I decided to let it all go. Since then I have come back to my true self one could say... Sure I still like to be clean, well dressed etc, but I have let go of all that trendy shit for the most part.

It's good to be well presented, but to let that run your life is not healthy at all.

Being fashion conscious doesn't have to equal being a pretentious wanker you know. It is actually possible to enjoy good quality clothing & be interested in designers & trends without feeling the need to be "obsessed with my appearance, drinking at the "right" places, and surrounding myself with pretty people".

I have short hair again and dress normal now most times and like it more and these days do not care about being metal. I guess certain occasions call for some naturally ripped jeans and alice in chains T-Shirt or Bloodbath T-Shirt or whatever you know.

If I am getting drunk one night listening to music and smoking cigs or am playing guitar with a friend am not going to wear my nicer clothes and go for a more grungy look. If I am in public or around a girl I know and girls dress nice. I think most people dress different ways and the entire having one look/image all the time is boring and makes no sense.

I don't avoid it at all, I wear band or Toxico shirts/hoodies pretty much every day. But at least I am not preaching about looking different from the "stupid other people who don't understand metal" and feel special while I still look like everyone else.

Good on ye, neighbour! I am not telling you to feel special, after all. Just sayin' that it shouldn't be avoided on a silly basis, and may be used as a indicator.

then do it! ive never seen a chic in one though. i think if i did, id have a major hard on. depending on the patches ofcourse
~gR~

hah the patches are definitely the important part...im working on it, im going to order a bunch of patches tonight. When im done i'll post a picture in the pic thread

Status
Not open for further replies.