The Metal in terms of fashion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why should you give a fuck about "looking like a metalhead" when other people's opinions don't matter? You and the ones like you got that attitude I can't stand about TR00 METAL wannabes, first "shouting out" that you like metal (through clothing etc) and that people don't understand what "metal" is all about, and then pretend to not care what they think about you because they aren't "metal" enough anyway. What matters to you is not that people like your style but that it is noticed as different. Poser.
I think what MasterOLightning is saying is that metalheads wear band shirts because they like the band, not because it is a trend as you seem to be suggesting. I would disagree with his assertion that metalheads must wear that style to be taken seriously.

Well when a lot of people wear band shirts it kinda becomes a trend. He wouldn't wear band shirts if no one else did it.

But band shirts can be more statements than aesthetic accessories. You know a guy wearing a Burzum shirt is going to be a more interesting conversationalist than a guy wearing a Cradle of Filth shirt.

That said, metal clothing is a trend, and if you try to deny that, you're an idiot. I say, embrace it, and wear your metal uniform with the pride and reverence it deserves!

crimson velvet hit the nail on the head. there is nothing wrong with dressing a certain way, if thats what you like.

i wear my metal uniform just like i wear my USAF uniform, PROUDLY. actually, i like the metal uniform more hehe
~gR~

But band shirts can be more statements than aesthetic accessories. You know a guy wearing a Burzum shirt is going to be a more interesting conversationalist than a guy wearing a Cradle of Filth shirt.

Way to generalize, Burzum shirt people have in my experience either 1: worn the shirt for the cheese factor or 2: been a complete retard who thinks Varg is a hero. Also, regarding the first part of your comment, that goes for people who don't dress all black. "Metalheads" aren't special in any way no matter how much you want them to be.

Way to generalize, Burzum shirt people have in my experience either 1: worn the shirt for the cheese factor or 2: been a complete retard who thinks Varg is a hero. Also, regarding the first part of your comment, that goes for people who don't dress all black. "Metalheads" aren't special in any way no matter how much you want them to be.

Concerning you first point, you are probably completely right. i can only relate to people... well... my age. Besides, I merely named the first "intelligent" band popped into my head; and you are merely carping.

As for the latter part, I never said they were. But that doesn't mean that one shouldn't be proud to be who you are. Assuming that who you are is something to be proud of, that is.

It's a good thing my eminating aura of truemetalism causes them sharp pains in thier tiny hearts and invokes a screen of fear and silent admiration.

I have to agree about people with Burzum shirts...most are complete tards.

Then again, so are most with nile, decapitated, behemoth, led zep, stones, megadeth, metallica, etc.

As for the latter part, I never said they were. But that doesn't mean that one shouldn't be proud to be who you are. Assuming that who you are is something to be proud of, that is.

I am proud of who I am, I wouldn't be anyone else. Except perhaps Neil Armstrong, the moon is pretty cool and being weightless must be pretty awesome. But I don't take pride in dressing in metal shirts, I buy them to support the bands because I find their music interesting and I would like to hear more of it. I don't take pride in being labeled a "metalhead" either, but I dont care because everything has labels anyway.

I am proud of who I am, I wouldn't be anyone else. Except perhaps Neil Armstrong, the moon is pretty cool and being weightless must be pretty awesome. But I don't take pride in dressing in metal shirts, I buy them to support the bands because I find their music interesting and I would like to hear more of it. I don't take pride in being labeled a "metalhead" either, but I dont care because everything has labels anyway.

And the carping continues... Seriously, I'm just saying that if you're a metalhead, embrace it and if you avoid looking like one on the basis that it's a "trend", you can sod the right off.

Status
Not open for further replies.