The Metal in terms of fashion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why should you give a fuck about "looking like a metalhead" when other people's opinions don't matter? You and the ones like you got that attitude I can't stand about TR00 METAL wannabes, first "shouting out" that you like metal (through clothing etc) and that people don't understand what "metal" is all about, and then pretend to not care what they think about you because they aren't "metal" enough anyway. What matters to you is not that people like your style but that it is noticed as different. Poser.

Agreed.

I dress metal when I am dressing casually, but when I am going out somewhere, hell no. when it's "casual" going out, I'll wear calvin klein jeans, guess shirt. When it's really going out, I'll wear gucci shirt and some nice pants with some nice stylish black dress shoes.

somehow I seem think that attractive metal chicks only exist on message boards. most girls into "metal" where I live are usually vacant scene bitches or fat Korn kiddies.

I dress metal when I am dressing casually, but when I am going out somewhere, hell no. when it's "casual" going out, I'll wear calvin klein jeans, guess shirt. When it's really going out, I'll wear gucci shirt and some nice pants with some nice stylish black dress shoes.

Well I dont like the brands you nameed(excpet gucci, gucci is good),I like the idea of how you dress.

i want a cut off denim jacket with patches.....really badly, i dont care who thinks its gay, i want onee

I prefer women who dress "tastefully," ie. styles that don't scare old people, or give people's moms a bad impression.

As for myself, I don't follow fashion trends in pop-culture, nor do I make any effort to look like a metal fan either. I just wear what's comfortable. In fact, most of my friends tell me that I don't seem like the death metal type, and they're usually quite surprised by the contents of my playlist.

Here are some examples:

Picture3.jpg

20070606-002.jpg

Picture14.jpg

I guess I do look sort of metal in these pictures though:

ThinkingTabor.jpg

Tabor-BigHat.jpg

20070529-008.jpg

20070529-009.jpg

Trends in fashion are not always bad. Its a way to pick up GOOD LOOKING CHICKS.

i want a cut off denim jacket with patches.....really badly, i dont care who thinks its gay, i want onee

Value village or goodwill for the jacket. Make sure the fucker is nice and faded. Look to make sure there are no strains on it and that it hasn't been shrunken much. You'll want to also wash it before you start the patch storm. You should set aside 130-200 dollars for it depending on how many pathes you want and whether or not you'll use a back patch. If you have acsess and to and knowledge of a sewing machine, you should probably use it as the patches stay on better. Pin them to the vest before you sew them (it won't wreck the patch) and make sure you know how you want them to go on. Measure twice sew once.

Carries alot of kvlt embroidered patches:
http://shop-hellsheadbangers.com/metal_patches_black_death_thrash_grind_heavy_doom.asp

Carries quite the selection of woven patches:
http://www.t-shirtzone.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&tszid=09567f34ea65e5b6d06d227a416fe11b

Carries some more common patches:
http://www.rockabilia.com/category.php?cat=2232

Also might want to hit both ebay and record labaels and other distros.

I don't really go out of my way to look really fucking metal. But there's no mistaking that I like metal if one were to look at me. I don't have the long hair anymore which is unfortunate (I mean, what the hell am I supposed to do when somebody throws on Sabbat (UK) or old Sepultura or something? I can't even bang my head), but I still wear band shirts almost everyday. I put on something nice every now and then if there's a special occasion or if I'm hanging around with my family. I have a really boring wardrobe. I have almost nothing but black military bdu pants and bm shirts. I really don't feel comfortable wearing anything else on a regular basis.

Oh and about women, I appreciate females that dress in a manner such that my family won't be inclined to think she's a slut.

I tend to alternate between black band shirts and non-descript white shirts, and alternating jeans with camo pants. I have a black button down shirt that I throw unbuttoned on top of a band shirt if I want to look exceptionally metal, which I do on occasion.

Then why should you give a fuck about "looking like a metalhead" when other people's opinions don't matter? You and the ones like you got that attitude I can't stand about TR00 METAL wannabes, first "shouting out" that you like metal (through clothing etc) and that people don't understand what "metal" is all about, and then pretend to not care what they think about you because they aren't "metal" enough anyway. What matters to you is not that people like your style but that it is noticed as different. Poser.
I want to support the bands I like. Buying shirts puts more money in the band's pocket than buying their albums. It's advertising for the band, which I don't mind doing considering that I have gotten enjoyment out of the music. When around other metalheads, it helps you figure out which people have good taste and might have good recommendations. Wearing band shirts is an act with some utility. I would say it carries more weight than other parts of the metal uniform as it goes. It is not sheeplike following. I wouldn't wear a Venom shirt just because tons of guys in band photos wear one.

Besides, there's basically nothing you can wear that doesn't put you in one group or another, and no clothing/appearance choices are made outside of a sphere of influence. One could walk around naked and expect to hear "You're just conforming to the rest of the nudists." I'm not the one who thought to wear band shirts, but as I said, there are valid reasons to do so.

I don't see how looking metal is not a logical step for a person who listens to metal almost exclusively, has attitudes and values consistent with metal, who invests a lot of money in metal, and spends time playing metal.

I own one. wear it to shows all the time.

I'd like to know the people you know then, because the ones I know don't know their face from their ass :erk:

uh I'm thinking of buying one myself. I like Varg's music but he's kinda off-the-wagon when it comes society and politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.