The Metal in terms of fashion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea you're right.
but idk isnt it mainly some form of pants/jeans and a band tshirt?

goddamn, i do love those patch jackets on guys

yea i guess we have select styles...like the wallet chain? lol although i kind of always though the wallet chain was kinda stupid, idk

I saw some dude the other day with full on corpse paint, in the middle of one of the shopping centres here. We both exchanged little nods. Had to give him credit as he must have some huge balls to do that, espicially in a City like this.

I used to find it kinda strange how metal fashion was a lot like goth and punk fashion while those groups were supposed to be at odds with each other. I guess it's just outcast attire, like how The Hell's Angels were hanging out with the hippies for a bit.

I dress used to be band t-shirt and dark-blue jeans. Now it is light sweatshirt and dark-blue jeans. I don't think fashion is important. I used to have fun going to metal shows wearing bright tye-die CSN band shirts with "if you smile at me, I will understand..." on them.

That being said, fashion DOES say something about you to people. I just don't care what idea people get about me. The people who know me know what I'm about, and they understand it a lot better than any fashion I could pick. The people who don't know me... well why the fuck would I want them to know me? Those people suck and they can think whatever about me.

I do have mega respect for the dudes who wear the right stuff. Metal has a great sense of outcast and satanic style. But at the end of the day I have to acknowledge that fashion is at least partially superficial and so it can't be the only measure of anything or anyone. That being said, I am a superficial person.

Status
Not open for further replies.