The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

I think I may have found what I want.
Customized Cyberpower Xplorer X7-7500
17" (16:10) Wide Screen WXGA+ TFT Display 1440x900 Pixels
Graphics: Built-in NVIDIA GT130M 512MB Hybrid GDDR3 Video
CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Mobile P8800 Dual-Core Processor @ 2.66GHz 1066FSB 3MB L2 Cache
RAM: 4GB (2GBx2) DDR3-1333 SODIMM Memory
HDD: 320GB 7200RPM SATA300 Hard Drive
I want to be able to record and mix audio shit using this. I also want to be able to play some games, but that's not a big concern. My parents are willing to pay up to $1000, at which point it's on me. This comes to $1000, and then I'll just buy myself a wireless mouse and keyboard and whatever other peripherals I want. Considering getting a massive external drive as well. I can burn through about $1500 between now and July and still meet my fundraising goal for school, so this works nicely.

That looks pretty good, and even the graphics card will probably be able to run most things (not at the highest settings either, but at least it'll run). A good size external won't be much money, as well as the mouse and keyboard.

Looks like it'll be about $160 for those peripherals...not bad. Overall a good deal.

For gaming, I want to play Crysis and Borderlands...this fits the recommended specs for Crysis, according to wiki, so yeah...I can deal with not being able to run anything sexier than that.

Looks like it'll be about $160 for those peripherals...not bad. Overall a good deal.

For gaming, I want to play Crysis and Borderlands...this fits the recommended specs for Crysis, according to wiki, so yeah...I can deal with not being able to run anything sexier than that.

I don't think there are many other PC games that are sexier than Crysis :lol: Borderlands looks really damn awesome, I'll probably be getting it once I'm done with Dragon Age.

I for one am shocked that Randy is under 21. I had no idea.

But seriously...you don't have an uncle who'll slip you drinks?

Just noticed this. Looking at the specs for your system...and my $1000 laptop will be >=. Now, if I was buying a macbook, how much would this cost? Gee, looks like it would cost at least twice as much and be gay. That's too bad.

http://www.apple.com/macbook/

Up to 500GB Hard drive, LED backlighting, stock 2GB of RAM (and an extra two is cheap), etc.

EDIT: http://www.apple.com/macbook/specs.html

Remember, this is stock, not 'customized'. So of course a customized will have more. If you own a Mac for any extended period of time you'd see the differences, though.

Keep in mind, I've owned Windoze computers, so I don't say I don't like them just 'cause.