The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

The job is right here in Richmond, so I'm not sure why the interview was by phone. The guy did ask me a ton of questions to feel out how knowledgeable I was about various programming topics though, so maybe they think interviewees won't answer as well in person when they're more nervous.

I haven't applied for any foreign jobs yet. Haven't applied for any jobs for a while really, but these people called me first and the job seems like a pretty interesting one with a lot of travel opportunity, so I think I'd be fine with it even if it might mean being stuck in Richmond a while longer.

So, I finally took apart my old laptop (Dell E1705/9400) that randomly died last March or April, and asides from dust, it looks pretty normal. I have no idea what the problem was, but I really wonder where to even begin. Maybe I'll see if dusting it off and clearing up whatever there is in there will fix it, and then make sure the circuits are all clean. If that doesn't do the trick, then maybe I'll take it to be repaired when I have the money. Normally I wouldn't care but that laptop had a intel core 2 duo processor and a 7900gs GPU, and a 17" screen.

Watching AFV + Odering an ABSU, Gorgoroth, & Graveworm shirt + Downloading some music + Uploading some photos = what I am doing right now.

An Absu shirt would be nice to have. They were $25 when I saw them live though (wtf@ bands that small charging that much). On the bright side I did manage to get the setlist.

I haven't gotten any metal shirts lately (since September) due to the fact that theres pretty much no where left for my clothes to go :(

$25.00? Really? $15.00 would of been more reasonble. I wouldn't of paid that much for it, not at all. Atleast you got something man. I been dying to see them live.

Awe, that is no good. I know how you feel though. The last time I bought a metal shirt was about the same time yours was. Why don't you buy a siutcase and you can make it like the "Metal Case" or some sort of corny name and just store all your shirts there. I have a huge closet and plenty to store in mine, so here we go for me.

Yeah, I've rarely been to shows where bands charge that much for a shirt. If it was Metallica or something I would understand, but Absu? Candlemass? Trouble? Lame :mad:

$15 is the average price I see for shirts and I'd prefer that bands keep it that way.

I actually already have a suitcase with some shirts in them XD but I just have so many that right now theres no point in getting more (or atleast getting many more). Plus I don't have much money to spare which is also a factor, but once I start getting paychecks, which will be pretty soon, that will change.

A third factor is that I usually get shirts at shows, and since living in Las Vegas, the few good shows that there have been were 21+ or I missed them, asides from Urgehal/Spearhead.

Absu live was quite awesome, and Proscriptor's live banter is really amusing. My friends band also opened for them, and I got free entry since I was a merch guy/roadie.

Same here. I've been to a Dethklok show (which ruled by the way) and they charged $30.00 for a shirt. I refused to buy one. I wouldn't do it. I thought that was outrageous. And the friend I went with, ended up paying like $50.00 just for a shirt and a wristbands. It was insane. I am not even joking you.

Yeah, I prefer them keep it like that too. I wouldn't even mind paying $20.00, but nothing over that.

Do you really? Wow, that is awesome. Well, a varety and new clothes is always nice man. So, do it do it do it. Or you could just buy me a shirt or something. That'd be a generous act. But, yeah, money is an essential when buying items. I know how you feel. I have like $40.00 to my name and I am wasting it on those shirts. It's worth it, but I do not have enough and when my mom figures out I will need more, she is going to complain. I wish I had a job.

Oh, that is no good. Not to many shows come to Ohio either, but when some do come along, I just have to go. Like, Moonsorrrow is about to come here in the Spring and I have to go see them, have to. I bet they were awesome live. Did you really? That is even more aweosme. A free show is always nice.

Ordering a Gorgoroth shirt

Hell yeah.
abbath.gif

Must be nice to have concerts come into town or close by. I have to travel 200ish miles to the nearest decent concerts (which pretty much rules out going except once in a blue moon).

Oh Dakryn, that must be horrible to travel that much just for a concert. I probably wouldn't even be interested in concerts as much as I am if I had to travel that much. Have you ever considered in moving? I mean, I know moving to be closer to seeing concerts is probably one of the stupidest things ever, but nevermind. I have no explanation. Fail for me.

I have a shit (over 60, last count) ton of metal shirts and will not pay more than 20 bucks for one.

I got into a bid war on ebay and wound up paying $32 for a Hypocrisy - The Final Chapter shirt. :lol: ah well... at least it's fucking awesome.

That is compeletly worth it though. I cannot go on eBay and just buy something. I am not really comfortable with it. Like, I have been trying to get a Drudkh shirt for the longest time and I know eBay will probably be my best bet, but I am still a little hesitant on it.

And to Dakryn, I'd figure you would turn down the "moving for concerts" idea, but you are right, you can still complain about it. Complaining about it is better than nothing.

5 hours? That is insane. I mean, it is all worth it in the end, but to the concert and home, it is a 10 hour drive. For me, it is like 35-40 minutes there and then another 35-40 minutes back. Which adds up to a little over an hour, but 10? Dang, dude.

That is compeletly worth it though. I cannot go on eBay and just buy something. I am not really comfortable with it. Like, I have been trying to get a Drudkh shirt for the longest time and I know eBay will probably be my best bet, but I am still a little hesitant on it.

As long as you have a debit card and paypal, ebaying is really easy.

I don't have either of those. I usually just use my mom's, but I am triyng to wait until I get mine (I already should, but I quit my job way to early and the paychecks I did get, I never went to a bank. I went to some place. I don't even know the name). I don't want something wrong to happen and she flips out on me. But, I will look into it. Thanks.

5 hours? That is insane. I mean, it is all worth it in the end, but to the concert and home, it is a 10 hour drive. For me, it is like 35-40 minutes there and then another 35-40 minutes back. Which adds up to a little over an hour, but 10? Dang, dude.

Chances are though, I'd most likely rent a hotel or some shit like that.