The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

I'm about to make some chocolate pudding and chocolate milk. I wonder if it'd be easy on my sore throat, because I know Doritos and Monster won't be. I didn't eat all day yesterday and most of today. I'm starving.

2010 Crossroads Guitar Festival performers:
Albert Lee
Allman Brothers Band
BB King
Bert Jansch
Buddy Guy
David Hidalgo and Cesar Rosas of Los Lobos
Doyle Bramhall II
Earl Klugh
Eric Clapton
Gary Clark Jr.
Hubert Sumlin
James Burton
Jeff Beck
Jimmie Vaughan
Joao Gilberto
Joe Bonamassa
John Mayer
Keb Mo
Pino Daniele
Robert Cray
Robert Randolph
Sheryl Crow
Sonny Landreth
Steve Winwood
Vince Gill
ZZ Top

i wonder wtf João Gilberto is doing among these great guys.

Trying to find pictures on the internet representative of my life before Japan that I can use for my self intro lesson for the new first years. Hard to find recent ones where A) I look ok and B) there is not beer/cigarettes in there.

Well, you can't leave us hanging, what is it about?

I'm working on some political philosophy stuff. Basically I'm trying to determine whether the view of libertarian rights presented in Robert Nozick's Anarchy, State and Utopia can be defended even if we reject his moral "foundation". He holds what can be described as a natural rights view deriving from the views of John Locke. There are a lot of problems with this view. But you don't have to justify libertarian rights in a way that leads to all these ridiculous problems. So first I define what libertarian freedom and libertarian rights are and show that the view is coherent and defend it against a bunch of objections. Then I examine an alternative way of thinking about how rights are justified. My influence here comes from T.M. Scanlon's work. It's kind of funny because Scanlon is a liberal and I'm using some of his views to defend libertarianism. Then finally I show how libertarian rights and libertarian freedom satisfy the moral requirements I discuss. This will be the most enjoyable part for me because I get to involve a lot of political economy, public choice, and welfare economics literature, and I love that stuff. Also, I'm only focusing on the area of distributive justice. There's no way I could give a broader discussion in a mere thesis.

edit: and I might give it a provocative title. Perhaps "Monetary Theory or my pals?"

I'm working on some political philosophy stuff. Basically I'm trying to determine whether the view of libertarian rights presented in Robert Nozick's Anarchy, State and Utopia can be defended even if we reject his moral "foundation". He holds what can be described as a natural rights view deriving from the views of John Locke. There are a lot of problems with this view. But you don't have to justify libertarian rights in a way that leads to all these ridiculous problems. So first I define what libertarian freedom and libertarian rights are and show that the view is coherent and defend it against a bunch of objections. Then I examine an alternative way of thinking about how rights are justified. My influence here comes from T.M. Scanlon's work. It's kind of funny because Scanlon is a liberal and I'm using some of his views to defend libertarianism. Then finally I show how libertarian rights and libertarian freedom satisfy the moral requirements I discuss. This will be the most enjoyable part for me because I get to involve a lot of political economy, public choice, and welfare economics literature, and I love that stuff. Also, I'm only focusing on the area of distributive justice. There's no way I could give a broader discussion in a mere thesis.

edit: and I might give it a provocative title. Perhaps "Monetary Theory or my pals?"

Sounds awesome, may a hefty volume eventually come out of it (with rights owned by you and not a uni)!

Could you please explain to me how that was depressing? I don't see what you are seeing. But what is depressing, I just woke up and there was no surprises. That's depressing.

Post your home address here and I'm sure we can arrange a wake-up surprise for you in the near future.