The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

I just got home from picking my sister up from work. As I was standing in there ordering something to drink, all I heard was this chubby little boy scream "Hell yeah, Mississippi Mud." and he had to be like 7. I thought it was so funny and cute.

Giants shut out the D-backs, hurray! That was nearly a perfect game, only one hit allowed.

Speaking of war, one of my friends just sent me this video of different pictures from 1st Battalion 3rd Marines (the battalion and regiment I was in) over in Iraq during the Fallujah campaign. I don't know if I'm in any of the pictures, I haven't really looked all that hard. I was in Alpha Company and I think the guy who made this was in Charlie. Either way, at the end there's a scrolling list of names and the two guys I knew most were SGT Rafael Peralta and LCPL Franklin Sweger. Sweger was the guy who jumped on the grenade when we raided a house and saved mine and three other Marines' lives.

Pretty emotional, for me anyways. Anyways, here you go:

Last edited by a moderator:
Soapbox:Such a shame so many have had to die so some fat old rich men can make some extra cash.

Serious: Saw someone have a flag delivered a couple weeks ago to a house down the block. Pretty sad time. Had only seen it in the movies up to that point.

Joke: "WELL IF THAT MARINE HAD BEEN WEARING HIS THROAT/CROTCH PROTECTOR HE WOULD STILL BE ALIVE. NOW PUT ALL YOUR FUCKING GEAR ON RIGHT!

That is pretty sad. I seen a couple of those cases before. The first one I seen, this couple lived by the local gas station and they blocked off everything around them so they could deliever the flag and then they put up this shrine type thing. Do they normally block everything off?

I just had a prawn cocktail, steak with asparagus and roast potatoes then cherry icecream. Oh and a pint of Theakstons ale.

Om nom nom