The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Just finished cleaning up a lamp that I broke. Fucking thing was waiting to happen, being right behind my computer chair.

Trying to register for my fucking courses. I want to take Physics 1, Intro Psych, Intro Philosophy, and Beginner French but I can't register for physics till August 9th because I'm not a science student, I can't register for French till I take a placement test (I don't speak any damn french, okay?), and I got waitlisted for the philosophy class. DAMN IT.

welcome to college :tickled:

Trying to register for my fucking courses. I want to take Physics 1, Intro Psych, Intro Philosophy, and Beginner French but I can't register for physics till August 9th because I'm not a science student, I can't register for French till I take a placement test (I don't speak any damn french, okay?), and I got waitlisted for the philosophy class. DAMN IT.

Damn that sucks! Everything went pretty smoothly for me given that I'm a new student.

Just finished cleaning up a lamp that I broke. Fucking thing was waiting to happen, being right behind my computer chair.

So I replaced the light bulb, and stared at it for just a couple seconds and it fucked with my eyes. But I fixed the lamp shade, so it's all good.

It's also a little more far back, so chances are low I won't hit it.

Physics is a lot easier after you've taken calc. I don't know if you have or not, just giving you a heads up.

Also, intro level psych and philosophy classes blow my friend. It never fails that there is some artard knowitall who wants to argue with the professor because they can't stop being self-absorbed for five seconds to have an open mind and learn what they're being taught without taking it personally. I went about three weeks in both classes before I snapped and had to bitch in front of everyone about how I didn't pay hundreds of dollars to listen to Socrates' retarded brother talk the entire class.

ugh, bad times mang

Already took differential calc, taking integral calc right now so I should be all set. Not too worried about those psych and philo courses because I'm going to an elite university and no offense but I'm assuming you aren't.

in every class there's some shithead knowitall student that has to question the professor about everything, and this seems to happen moreso in the large lecture hall classes

I was pretty lucky I didn't have to take the GRE for grad school. Everybody I know who had to shat bricks over the math part, but ended up getting screwed by the verbal section

urbandictionary.com said:
GRE

Greatly Ridiculous Exam, required for admission to grad school It features essay similarity detection
The GRE is kind of like the SAT only even more evil and more expensive

A. George Bush is the man
B. George Bush is an evil, evil man

WARNING: SIMILARITY DETECTED!!!! "George Bush is... man"
similarity similarity PLAGIARISM PLAGIARISM PLAGIARISM PLAGIARISM!!!!!!!

What the hell did you do, roll over it? Why would you keep a lamp in a dumbass place like that?

I drew diagram to help me explain the positions of objects in my room.
roomcr.jpg

From top left to top right, the rectangle is the door, the next thing is my dresser, after that my cd shelves, then my desk and computer. going down from there, that oval is my office chair, the circle in the box is a small table where the lamp is, and the rectangle underneath that would be my bed. Oh and that small little rectangle thing between the lamp and the desk would be a window. The rest of the stuff you don't need to know about.

Now I like the lamp there because I'm usually on this end of the room, rather than the other end. Plus, everyone loves a lamp near their bed.