The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

There's all kinds of reasons I go to Rehab. It's not just because drinking and drugs purely.

So... wow. Trying to find accommodations in NYC one day before Labor Day weekend is the worst idea ever, haha.

It's like the entire universe is vacationing there. Virtually no hostels available, all the decent CouchSurfing hosts seem booked up, and no one in my handful of 'friend-of-a-friend' contacts has come through for me. I think in order to book a 3-night hotel stay for the weekend I'd have to pay at least $200 a night, and even that would be lucky. So much for last-minute travel plans.

At this point I'm just gonna say fuck it and do a road trip through the VA Appalachians.

Try staying outside NYC? Yonkers, Long Island, etc. It's just a short train ride away.

Suggestion appreciated, but I think I more or less passed the threshold of decision time earlier tonight on a trip of such magnitude as NYC. I need a solid plan to go into the weekend with. I also really really want to make use of my CouchSurfing account, and it's gonna be a lot easier to arrange hosting in Virginia than in New York.

Tintin in the Congo, Tintin ravages the lands in his search for ivory, Leopold II, unscrupulous imperialist brutality towards the natives, Tintin loses his mind in the heart of darkness. The horror!

tintin-au-congo.jpeg

You can't judge Tintin as you would an ordinary man.

Tintin in the Congo, Tintin ravages the lands in his search for ivory, Leopold II, unscrupulous imperialist brutality towards the natives, Tintin loses his mind in the heart of darkness. The horror!

tintin-au-congo.jpeg

You can't judge Tintin as you would an ordinary man.

:lol: wat

Cheers Chris/challenge_everything for coming.

Great turn out. It was mainly Brutal Death Metal bands playing tonight, but we seemed to have stood out so that's a good thing. Got a good response with our new instrumental song. Now it's back into recording mode, and we're going to start tracking drums really soon.

Chilling. Got my textbooks. Waiting to do laundry. Then I can eat and then I can start drinking. Friend of my drummer is getting us into a concert free, and then more drinking and possibly another concert. Can't get too hungover; dinner with GFs family at 4 tomorrow.
Although I dislike Trois Pistoles, I feel that the concept of a fifth of 9% beer for solo pregaming is valid; I'm tempted to go over and see if the local store has La Fin Du Monde for tonight.