The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

That all sounds pretty cool. By film composing, do you mean composing the musical scores?

I'll be going to a local community college because of by under-achieverness in high school. It's a good school though, better than most community colleges. I'm familiar with the music professor there and am looking forward to working with him. After the first 2 years, I'll be transferring somewhere else. Possibly St. Mary's or University of Maryland.

Yeah that's correct.

Ah, that's awesome, as long as it's a solid education! So you play bass right?

as for me I'm gettin' redee for da day

Yeah that's correct.

Ah, that's awesome, as long as it's a solid education! So you play bass right?

as for me I'm gettin' redee for da day

You should delve into 12 tone and atonal classical for film scoring. I believe that Ligeti wrote the film score for the shining to give you an idea on the possibilities with it. George Crumb's Black Angels (performed by Kronos Quartet) sounds like it could be a film score for something depicting pure hell.

I actually play guitar, I just play bass for Black Orifice. It works out because you really need to use a pick to play the compositions and the super hard dynamics (which also require a pick) are appropriate as well. That's why in the 5 movement, it sounds like I'm plucking the note and letting go. I'm actually just picking it hard as fuck so it's the very loud burst followed by the quiet bass undertone that most bass players seem to utilize.

Oh, and I'm enjoying a fine cup of Seattle's Best #4 for an after work pick up.

You should delve into 12 tone and atonal classical for film scoring. I believe that Ligeti wrote the film score for the shining to give you an idea on the possibilities with it. George Crumb's Black Angels (performed by Kronos Quartet) sounds like it could be a film score for something depicting pure hell.

I actually play guitar, I just play bass for Black Orifice. It works out because you really need to use a pick to play the compositions and the super hard dynamics (which also require a pick) are appropriate as well. That's why in the 5 movement, it sounds like I'm plucking the note and letting go. I'm actually just picking it hard as fuck so it's the very loud burst followed by the quiet bass undertone that most bass players seem to utilize.

Oh, and I'm enjoying a fine cup of Seattle's Best #4 for an after work pick up.

Ligeti actually never wrote specifically for his movies, but he was used extensively in the shining, 2001, and eyes wide shut. I think 12 tone/atonal has its place in particular movies, but obviously not for everything. I'm open to all sorts of musical styles for film composing, my favorite is Terence Blanchard, who combines his phenomenal jazz background with beautiful orchestrations. And cli she, but Hans Zimmer is the man because he combines electronic elements with insane orchestration. Ah, cool, guitar is teh best! :loco:

Relaxing at work. Friend is coming over later and we will play Shonen Knife covers on banjo, melodica, violin and ukelele. She just got dumped so I'm going to buy her dinner and dessert.

Krampus, you have a year to plan for coming to MDF.

I'm gonna get shit for this from some people, but krampus, I really wished we lived in the same city. I'd love to hang out with you.

I mean, it's going to be like a $10 meal deal, but thanks! I try to be a good friend when I can, anyone who can stand hanging out with me more than once is a keeper

I agree w Zephyrus, Krampus you should come to MDF next year!

Cronopio why would you get shit for that??

Krupus! I feel the same way. And either way it's nice.

:yow:

It's all good. No vital organs hit thankfully. Just a a 4-5 inch gash on my left side. I am just fortunate nothing vital was hit as the blade went in about two inches at one point. He was trying to go for my heart as I grabbed his arm and we grappled with on another. The knife got knocked down and he panicked and broke away. The mugger was taken down by people who saw what happened and he is now sitting in a holding cell.

My Absu shirt is ruined. Pissed about that.

GODDAMN glad you made it out alive. I think when you "come to" the biggest complaint will still be your Absu shirt.

N'AWWWW thanks dudes, bro-hug blah blah blah