The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

I was stabbed this evening during a botched mugging. Gnarly pictures to follow tomorrow when I'm not doped up and can actually handle getting pictures form my phone to my computer.

This post took me 5 mins to write.

shit dude! glad to hear your okay, you should find that foo' and blow up his car. or house. or something

My Absu shirt is ruined. Pissed about that.

You're wrong, if anything your shirt was made better. That shirt has seen some serious shit. Your shirt is literally more "hardcore" than half the people on the planet now.

Glad you're alright though. Was it a tweaker that attacked you?

No they don't. Chances are the guy didn't just charge at him from a distance with the knife out, so its not like he would have had ample time to react to grab the gun, and having the gun poses as much a risk to himself than it does the attacker.

Eh, I still don't think I'd go around strapped after this experience. As for the mugger, he was a whitey who was drunk. I have actually seen him before as he hangs around the strip mall where my bank atm is located. It's been a while, but my basic training experience flooded into my mind as I was dealing with the situation. Go for the arm holding the weapon, try and break the grip, used my other arm to elbow him in the face, etc. It all happened in a flash.

No they don't. Chances are the guy didn't just charge at him from a distance with the knife out, so its not like he would have had ample time to react to grab the gun, and having the gun poses as much a risk to himself than it does the attacker.

Eh, I still don't think I'd go around strapped after this experience. As for the mugger, he was a whitey who was drunk. I have actually seen him before as he hangs around the strip mall where my bank atm is located. It's been a while, but my basic training experience flooded into my mind as I was dealing with the situation. Go for the arm holding the weapon, try and break the grip, used my other arm to elbow him in the face, etc. It all happened in a flash.

My point was, when he decided to run away you could have popped him in the back of the head and claimed self defense.

Killing someone is often done before you think about the ramifications of your actions. I have gone through the process before and I don't think I'd ever want to go through it again. I'm not mentally wired to do it like some of the other people I served with were/are.

I have a difficult time even being around guns these days, much less wielding one.

And, while not legally considered one, become a murderer.

Legal shmegal.

Yeah, that's not exactly the most compelling defense of gun rights.

Probably not.

Killing someone is often done before you think about the ramifications of your actions. I have gone through the process before and I don't think I'd ever want to go through it again. I'm not mentally wired to do it like some of the other people I served with were/are.

I have a difficult time even being around guns these days, much less wielding one.

Fair enough.