The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

I just looked up Mariah Carey and she has sold more records than the Rolling Stones. How is that possible? I don't know if I've ever heard a single one of her songs. What the fuck.

No way man, that's like saying you've never seen the sun before. You couldn't go anywhere in the 90's without one of her songs playing somewhere, whether it be the grocery store, mall, McDonalds, etc. I bet you've heard a handful of her songs but didn't realize who it was.

Btw, she's looking damn good in that picture above. I remember back in the day I wanted to fuck the shit out of her. good god was she hot

There were people in junior high I knew who thought she was ugly at that time. I thought they were in crack. She looks amazing in that picture. Jesus, countdown to boner time would be inevitable with her..

Also, WAIF is younger than we are, so there's a chance he never heard her songs. There are people around who don't know that Beyonce got her start with Destiny's Child, for example.

No way man, that's like saying you've never seen the sun before. You couldn't go anywhere in the 90's without one of her songs playing somewhere, whether it be the grocery store, mall, McDonalds, etc. I bet you've heard a handful of her songs but didn't realize who it was.
Okay, this is almost definitely true, but that's part of my point. The Stones I can identify, more or less. Mariah Carey I can't. I should mention, I also have no idea what Madonna sounds like either. The point is, bands like The Rolling Stones and AC/DC and Floyd and stuff have very recognizable sounds and a huge influence, and yet Madonna and Mariah carey have outsold them all and I have no idea what they sound like. That strikes me as weird.

Also, WAIF is younger than we are, so there's a chance he never heard her songs. There are people around who don't know that Beyonce got her start with Destiny's Child, for example.
I vaguely knew that...
I'm sure I did hear her songs, but I can't identify them.

I couldn't recall any of her songs either. Checking them out on youtube it's striking how bland they are, especially if you consider what a giant star she is. Britney Spears was shit too, but at least her songs got stuck in your head.

Fizzy pop is not sufficient refreshment for whole day in the summer. That's what my history teacher told me when I fainted in the dinner queue on lunchtime about 5 years ago. In before I get called gay for fainting.