The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Flu shots are a nice scam for the pharmaceutical industry. The shot you received was of a projected strain chosen essentially at random 9-12+ months in advance. (This info from the CDC's own FAQ). You have no guaruntee you are getting innoculated against a current seasonal strain.

The flu shot has no legitimate guaruntee of success any more than a cold shot would. It's a waste of money and a threat to your immediate health, compromising your immune system. Take Vitamin C and D regularly, and add Echinecea/intensify C/D dosage if you feel symptom onset instead.

lolreally

if by at random you mean chosen by tons of leading scientific evid--...oh wait, you're dakryn

Right now I'm doing some stuff to keep my brain nimble for my upcoming GRE session. Doing some fun logic & critical thinking true/false stuff atm. I like this one: If X is logically sufficient for Y, and Y is logically sufficient for Z, then Z is logically necessary for X.

I cream when I read stuff like that.

Having a shit day. Fuck shopping. Fucking fat people and people using prams as battering rams against my ankles.

Right now I'm doing some stuff to keep my brain nimble for my upcoming GRE session. Doing some fun logic & critical thinking true/false stuff atm. I like this one: If X is logically sufficient for Y, and Y is logically sufficient for Z, then Z is logically necessary for X.

I cream when I read stuff like that.

I rarely dabble in philosophy and this statement intrigued me. Is it true because without Z, X would be logically necessary for Y? But in that case, is Z really necessary for X since both X and Y would still exist without the existence of Z, albeit not in a logically sufficient form?

Finally got a computer. It's a 15.4" Macbook Pro with a 2.4 GHz core 2 duo and a 250 GB hard drive. And 4 GB of RAM. So stoked on this shit.

I'm using my Mac right now to tell you how awesome you are for getting your mac. :worship:

I'm getting ready to go to the DMV and get my license. Apparently having a Colorado license doesn't matter here when you get an Illinois license. I had to go through hell just to get a replacement Social Security card (which involve not having an ID so i needed medical records, a birth certificate, etc), and now I have to take a written as well as an actual driving test. ARGH!

I don't get flu shots because I don't think possibly getting the flu for a day or so is a big deal.

This also.

@V5: Flu shots aren't scientifically tested for their safety, or have any record of proven efficacy. Do some research.

It's nothing more than easy money for pharmaceutical companies.

I'm using my Mac right now to tell you how awesome you are for getting your mac. :worship:

I'm getting ready to go to the DMV and get my license. Apparently having a Colorado license doesn't matter here when you get an Illinois license. I had to go through hell just to get a replacement Social Security card (which involve not having an ID so i needed medical records, a birth certificate, etc), and now I have to take a written as well as an actual driving test. ARGH!

Using my 15in Macbook Pro at the momment as well. But I am using it with Windows 7. :kickass: Compatability issues can kiss my ass.

DMV....fun times...fun times indeed.

The only reason I have a mac is because it has a qwerty keyboard for Sanskrit and some other languages.