The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

I think the punishment should fit the person and the cime, and I think most things are better than giving people free food, shelter, and health care while they spend their sentences turning themselves into people that are going to be worse for society when they're released.

Getting ready to go to a conference at Bates College today to deliver a paper on Homer. This is a big day for me. Sucks that I feel depressed because I had to miss out on all my friends going to one of those Rocky Horror things last night.

Unless you're a Mormon, I'm willing to bet you do drugs too. You take medicine when you get sick or enjoy coffee/tea/soft drinks, don't you?

That's not what I meant, and you know it. Stop splitting hairs. There is a difference between substances in regards to legality and cultural acceptance. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it. Not saying if that's good or bad, just that it's a fact.

I just rolled myself a good cigarette. I smoked it on balcony. LIstening to some death-metal.

EDIT: It feels so good.

I think the punishment should fit the person and the cime, and I think most things are better than giving people free food, shelter, and health care while they spend their sentences turning themselves into people that are going to be worse for society when they're released.

This.

Listening to danzig and cooking a frozen pizza. Might go out tonight. What's that french word that means pull that has "drag" in it. Don't give me synonyms, I want that exact word.

I'm starting up my language-making thing again. This time I'm going to change up some things.

- All words start with a consonant and end with a vowel (except roots of nouns, because cases will be added by prefixes, and starting nouns with vowels and adding a consonant for case will lessen the amount of syllables). This is to make pronunciation easier by eliminating sandhi in the language.
- All parts of speech have a set ending to make it easier to learn vocabulary and identify the purpose of a word in the sentence.
- The root system for verb tenses will be changed in order to lessen the amount of syllables needed in the tense. A maximum of nine syllables could be added to make a tense. This time, I plan to condense it to one or two, while still keeping the complexity of the tenses that can be used.
- Alphabet changed. Consonants are marked to create voicing, and vowels are marked to create lengthening, rather than writing an upside-down or mirrored version of the same letter. This makes it easier to learn the script.

I may add some more cases. Currently I have nominative, accusative, dative, ablative, genitive (split into two different prefixes. One for possession, and one for "made up of" or "having to do with"), vocative, and locative.

So why aren't you a major Nigel Farage fan?

Well UKIP are as much of a pressure group representing the most right wing Conservatives (a UK political party also called the tories) as it is a proper political party. In elections were there is a chance the Conservatives will be beaten by Labour, UKIP tell people not to vote for them, so as not to split the right wing vote.