The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Just read Les Justes (The Just Ones) by Albert Camus for my political theory course. Came across this quote:

"Imagine God without the prisons. What solitude!"

Thought it was interesting.
Intended to get drunk tonight, but people flaked. Hate that. Probably won't get drunk next weekend because Skyrim comes out Friday and that's pretty much the end of me interacting with people for the next month or so.

Become a drummer. Then finding a band is easy as shit. It's like saying you're a girl on WoW.

Pretty much. :lol:

I know like 2 drummers. My brother was picking up the drums quite quickly, but then he stopped playing and decided to join the marines. I can keep rhythm, but I have less of an intrest in learning the drums than I probably should.

What else do you have to read for that class? I'm taking it as well, currently on some of John Locke's work.

We've read Plato, Sophocles, Seiyes, Wolff, Thoreau, Locke, Rousseau, Kagan, Machiavelli, Sartre, and now Camus. Later we'll be reading Franz Fanon, Ghandi, and MLK.

The overall focus of the class is on the moral basis of political authority, and on what constitutes a legitimate exercise of power, if anything. So far I'm really enjoying it, but right now I'm reading about 100 pages from Normative Ethics by Kagan and it's some fucking dense stuff. Makes a lot of sense, just very slow going.

Lucky. I gots none.

I have a question for the forum that may make me come off as a bit spoiled/immature, but I have to ask it regardless. How do you deal with having a full-time job? Doing the same thing for many hours straight just wrecks me, even if it's something I enjoy. I was hoping I could get some tips for coping with a long work day seeing as for the next couple months I plan on having a full-time job.

Lucky. I gots none.

I have a question for the forum that may make me come off as a bit spoiled/immature, but I have to ask it regardless. How do you deal with having a full-time job? Doing the same thing for many hours straight just wrecks me, even if it's something I enjoy. I was hoping I could get some tips for coping with a long work day seeing as for the next couple months I plan on having a full-time job.

i've had one for a year and a half and i'm still trying to figure that out