The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Drinking coffee listening to music.

staring at the wall with the theme music from "the fresh prince of bel-air" stuck in my head

Funny, samething happened to me. I have not even seen the show since a kid either. fucking strange

The whole incident has prompted an immediate review and safety audit of all eyewash and emergency showers in all the labs in the facility according to this 'sympathetic' email I just recieved from the facility director.

I'll let you know the results of said audit. Talking to my brother about it, he says the refinery where he works in operations did one audit just like this about two years ago and three of the safety showers didn't work at all and when they took a deeper look at it, they found out that they were never even connected to any water supply.

This is the same reinfery that has recently spent close to $500 million on installing state of the art fire fighting and containment systems across all areas of the site.

Also, the incident with the broken beaker is completely my failt regardless as I should have been wearing the proper PPE (elbow length gloves, apron, etc) when I was handling it. I just got lazy and wanted to wrap up the set of tests for the day.

Where do you work? I have to do shower/eyewash station inspections last week, and still haven't haha. We have labs in the building I work in but I do process operating (I run a spraydryer).

I won't mention the location or what I work on specifically for legal reasons, etc, but it's a government run agricultural science research facility and I work as a project engineer dealing with a wide range pesticides.

I'm not trying to sound pretentious, or self-important, but the myriad of non-disclosure forms I had to sign make me think twice before being specific with anything I reveal about what I do. I think I'm pushing it with just mentioning pesticides.

In Overwatch terms: I WORK FOR THE FUCKING MAN.

Derp: What you said about the emergency systems is mind-boggling to me. I'm amazed that regular testing of that kind of stuff is not mandatory and enforced, especially considering the kind of stuff I assume you work with. Hell, my 10th grade chemistry teacher made sure we all had a demonstration of the eye wash before we were allowed to work in the lab at all.

Gym opens in a half hour so I'm getting ready to head there. I got off 4 hours early cuz everything was done and still finished the week with 80 fucking hours. Fuck.