The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

I'd rather not try any drugs. Getting involved in a wild goose chase after those few fleeting moments of euphoria that I'll never be able to experience at the same intensity; going on harder drugs, trying to replicate that feeling? No way. I may be melodramatizing it, but sometimes trying once is enough to get addicted. It all depends on the person really.
To risk throwing my whole life away for that? I don't think so.

i like to smoke pot, and i have a humungous tolerance, buts its gay and does nothing for me at all.

So, i quit weed, and now i meditate for at least and hour a day. That is the greatest experience i have had. I was in a trance like state for a day the first time i tried it, and the effects dont decrease.

just throwing that out there for anyone who cares.

The way I look at it, I have never had any trouble with pot. I can get as high as I want with pot and always be satisfied. Also, I can quite literally put it down any time I want to; I have only smoked 6 times over the course of this semester... but 5 out of those 6 me and Crim were stoned together and all of them in the past week. That comes after smoking literally every day for about 6 months. There are some people who can smoke pot and not ever feel the need to try anything else, and some people who can't. There will always be both, whether it is legalized or not. Pot is a gateway drug to about half of the people who smoke it regularly... and for the other half it isn't, they never need that "better high." It's not as terrible as Darkbliss makes it sound, for me and people I smoke with. But for some it is that bad.

I'd rather not try any drugs. Getting involved in a wild goose chase after those few fleeting moments of euphoria that I'll never be able to experience at the same intensity; going on harder drugs, trying to replicate that feeling? No way. I may be melodramatizing it, but sometimes trying once is enough to get addicted. It all depends on the person really.

Keep in mind, alcohol is a drug too - and by many accounts one of the most addictive ones out there. If you think of how ridiculously well-accepted alcohol is despite its addictive potential, it kinda puts all the illegal ones in perspective. That said, I'm pretty sure pot is about as far as you can get from "try once and you're addicted" as far as illegal drugs go.

I first started smoking weed 4 years ago, and because of a deal I'd made with all my smoking buddies, we all quit smoking. It lasted me four years, and I had no physical or mental desire left to smoke. A friend of mine out here had some one night and offered to go, and I said "eh, whatev. I'm up for it." I can stop any time I want, I can start anytime I want. It's really not a big deal.

I've discovered that pot really does make you feel like you're expanding your mind. I feel a lot more open and understanding, like I'm at peace with everything. And I am SO stoned right now. We all just need to come together, right now, man. Everybody. Even Rabid headbanger, he can come, too. Peace, love, unity, and respect man...that's what this world is missing. They blame all the problems in the world on the "devil music," metal, and nobody looks at the way britney spears and rap are corrupting our youth. They take bert off sesame street because rumors were started taht he was gay with ernie. Cookie monster is now Veggie monster instead, because cookies are a fucking sometimes food, god damnit.

We have a history of drug abuse in our family. One of the relatives on my uncle's side in the US started with pot, then went to injecting crystal meth, then heroine and cocaine. Now he's in a clinic, a complete wreck.
Another one, here, a relative of my uncle's wife-- went through treatment, rehabilitation and all that, but finding himself under a great deal of stress once, he took a big dosage(not sure what he's on) and apparently decided to go flying from the fifth floor. Fell on his legs-- numerous fractures in one leg, blood infection in the other He's in a rehabilitation clinic, in a wheelchair, hallucinating about how he gets beaten by the doctors and being fed cockroaches and maggots. My dad talked to him over the phone recently, it's horrible.

I've discovered that pot really does make you feel like you're expanding your mind. I feel a lot more open and understanding, like I'm at peace with everything. And I am SO stoned right now. We all just need to come together, right now, man. Everybody. Even Rabid headbanger, he can come, too. Peace, love, unity, and respect man...that's what this world is missing. They blame all the problems in the world on the "devil music," metal, and nobody looks at the way britney spears and rap are corrupting our youth. They take bert off sesame street because rumors were started taht he was gay with ernie. Cookie monster is now Veggie monster instead, because cookies are a fucking sometimes food, god damnit.

:err:

Yeah, sounds like you've got it all figured out there...

But that's only if you take the drugs every day, if you wait for the drugs to get out of your system before filling up you wont get addicted, atleast not physically. You can chase the dragon once a week without the abstinence and any withdrawel symptomes. You also don't build up a tolerance for the drug (atleast ALOT slower) and get a rush from it everytime, so it is probably smarter to use subutex or something which isn't as easy to get stuck in as heroin and without the tolerance the experience is probably more then enough. The problem is just to stay at once every week or other week, but that has more to do with character then the addiction of the drug. : d

We have a history of drug abuse in our family. One of the relatives on my uncle's side in the US started with pot, then went to injecting crystal meth, then heroine and cocaine. Now he's in a clinic, a complete wreck.
Another one, here, a relative of my uncle's wife-- went through treatment, rehabilitation and all that, but finding himself under a great deal of stress once, he took a big dosage(not sure what he's on) and apparently decided to go flying from the fifth floor. Fell on his legs-- numerous fractures in one leg, blood infection in the other He's in a rehabilitation clinic, in a wheelchair, hallucinating about how he gets beaten by the doctors and being fed cockroaches and maggots. My dad talked to him over the phone recently, it's horrible.

That sucks. :erk:

An uncle of mine apparently did a lot of drugs in college, and it kinda left him mentally retarded. He dropped out of college, and at fifty years old now he's living in a supervised group home, in and out of minimum-wage jobs, and relying mainly on my grandparents for support (i.e. for his long list of medications).

There are always some people who use drugs irresponsibly and fuck their lives up. But I've also known plenty of people who use drugs (mainly pot) and get by just fine (i.e. good grades and a good job), so I take that into account as well.

Keep in mind, alcohol is a drug too - and by many accounts one of the most addictive ones out there. If you think of how ridiculously well-accepted alcohol is despite its addictive potential, it kinda puts all the illegal ones in perspective. That said, I'm pretty sure pot is about as far as you can get from "try once and you're addicted" as far as illegal drugs go.
It's true, I know. Some people can drink alcohol their whole lives and never become dependent on it. Others can try it once and become alcoholics practically overnight. It's basically the same as drug addiction in this respect. I stay away from it as well. Even when I do drink, my tolerance for alcohol is very low. My head goes on a merry-go-round only after several drinks and I end up throwing all that stuff up afterwards.

Anyway, to get back on topic: I'm in the middle of studying all night for an exam I have in 3 hours, so I think I'm going to head out to my local 7-11 and pick up some nice, addictive energy drinks. :)