The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Drinking Coffee, just got done with my first GeD class. I did some test questions so the teacher could figure out where I am when it comes to learning. I could not remember how to do Math for the life of me. And was probably smarter when a teenager. She's going to get me a Tutor who will call me. So I can see her/him at the local Library. I actually want a Tutor and need one so agreed with that. I took the GeD test when 17 and passed half. According to her it still counts. So I might not have to take the entire test. As of now have some math stuff I need to do, and also call Vesid. I'm hoping how I feel and my mindstate will effect how I do math and learn and maybe am just having a mental block. So if I am in a good state maybe it will make the education easier. It was pretty earlier in the morning also. Go figure.

Anyways, I can't fucking wait for the Giants game sunday.

about an hour ago i fed the pigeons a giant plate full of macoroni with speghetti sauce and meatballs, it tasted awesome, there was just too much of it for me to eat myself and i don't have a refridgerator

Just ate a whole can of spam. We'll see how that goes.

Listening to Drudkh bored as fuck, deciding what to do before I go set up my campsite tonight. Probably seeing my lady too. I feel so unproductive today. I applied for some jobs but I'm so sick of my life here. WAH

Putting off studying for a midterm. Watching How I Met Your Mother.
Eating some goddamn apples. Fucking honeycrisps are the tits.

Your Christmas avatar makes me miss my Jon Nodtveidt Satanclaus av terribly. I've used it every year but I think it's lost in the depths of my old external hard drive. Zephyrus must make me another.

Just ate a whole can of spam. We'll see how that goes.

Listening to Drudkh bored as fuck, deciding what to do before I go set up my campsite tonight. Probably seeing my lady too. I feel so unproductive today. I applied for some jobs but I'm so sick of my life here. WAH

Good luck with that spam bro lol

What do you use to connect to the internet?

Doing research for a term paper. Going to explore the poetic treatment of Anaxagoras' and Empodcles' philosophies by Euripides and Aristophanes.

Doing research for a term paper. Going to explore the poetic treatment of Anaxagoras' and Empodcles' philosophies by Euripides and Aristophanes.

I would like you to expand, if you would, on a thought of mine I based on Aristophanes' story in the Symposium...

He told a story about man being the combination of three parts (etc...), but then he tells of how man decided to attack and "kill" the gods. The gods then decided to punish them for this, yet not to wipe them out entirely.

Is it possible the gods did this because they need to be wanted (worshiped)...meaning their ego (I can't think of a better description at present) rules their judgement?

If a god's ego rules their decision, doesn't that mean their ego has more power than them, thus negating the very idea of a god's omnipotence?

Also, how do you kill a god? I say, simply stop believing in him, eh?

These thoughts are very dumbed down due to being tired and lazy and slightly drunk, but I believe you get what I'm saying.

Basic nuclear spaghetti worship. First we teach them to obey the jewish law of small kettles:

IMG_6030.JPG

The tomatoes dissected as a preparation for a sadistic heat torment ritual of the Pan god:

IMG_6031.JPG

Collapsed garlic sacrificed to intensify the horrors within.

IMG_6032.JPG

The garlic smasher resting next to a newly fridge-spawned block of cheese majesty to be pulverized to the point of no motherfucking return:

IMG_6033.JPG

The part where I forgot to put a dried tomato on top to finalize the deadly pyramid effect. Blame faggot christians.

IMG_6034.JPG

Good luck with that spam bro lol

What do you use to connect to the internet?

Thanks, it didn't fully make it's way through my digestive tract last night, but today may be a different story.

I connect to the internet through friend's houses. Last night I sat on an iPad at wal mart

oh and right now I'm listening to Mayhem applying for jobs online. Also, laughing at my brother, who's FedEx shipment of pot got sent to his neighbors house my accident, and was opened by a little kid. So now I'm not the only fugitive in the family. He's gonna have to spend all his precious drug money on lawyers. sucker

I would like you to expand, if you would, on a thought of mine I based on Aristophanes' story in the Symposium...

He told a story about man being the combination of three parts (etc...), but then he tells of how man decided to attack and "kill" the gods. The gods then decided to punish them for this, yet not to wipe them out entirely.

Is it possible the gods did this because they need to be wanted (worshiped)...meaning their ego (I can't think of a better description at present) rules their judgement?

If a god's ego rules their decision, doesn't that mean their ego has more power than them, thus negating the very idea of a god's omnipotence?

Also, how do you kill a god? I say, simply stop believing in him, eh?

These thoughts are very dumbed down due to being tired and lazy and slightly drunk, but I believe you get what I'm saying.

Aristophanes' myth is not meant to be taken too seriously, which is why it's put into a comic poet's mouth in the dialogue. The idea of "starving" the gods to death by denying them sacrifices is taken from his own play The Birds.

The speeches in the Symposium that occur before Socrates' speech do not reflect Plato's conception of divinity, but rather approaches to divinity/Eros through non-philosophical media, be it aristocratic values (Phaedrus and Pausanias), sophistic physics (Eryximachus), Homeric parody (Aristophanes), or self-indulgent homoeroticism (Agathon).

Socrates' speech is a response to all the subsequent speeches in that it elevates the idea of Eros above the worldly and from a static concept into a process whereby humankind can attain to the idea of Beauty. Integral to this metaphysics is that notion that gods are in need of nothing, but by our worship of them we receive their blessings, and evil is not the the gods' wrath but simply our own self-alienation from divinity.

I extrapolate Plato's actual account a bit into Neoplatonic exegesis, but that is how I read the dialogue.

oh and right now I'm listening to Mayhem applying for jobs online. Also, laughing at my brother, who's FedEx shipment of pot got sent to his neighbors house my accident, and was opened by a little kid. So now I'm not the only fugitive in the family. He's gonna have to spend all his precious drug money on lawyers. sucker

So your neighbors called the police about the package?

Thanks, it didn't fully make it's way through my digestive tract last night, but today may be a different story.

I connect to the internet through friend's houses. Last night I sat on an iPad at wal mart

i'm sleeping outside too (untill the 1st of November)

and i'm getting online at the Central Branch of The Dallas Public Library in Downtown Dallas

today, i'm hanging out with this guy

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXwrMj1Fqr0&feature=plcp[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Your Christmas avatar makes me miss my Jon Nodtveidt Satanclaus av terribly. I've used it every year but I think it's lost in the depths of my old external hard drive. Zephyrus must make me another.

I don't have any such skills. My Xmas av was done by a friend of mine who's a photoshop wizard.