The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

About to go do all my Christmas shopping. Everyone in my family will get a black t-shirt that says "University of Iowa" on it in gold lettering. The twist is that each family member will get a shirt in a different language. For example, my mother will get "Universität von Iowa" and my sister will get "Universidad de Iowa."

I will get "Universitas Iowensis" for myself, of course.

YEAHHHHHH

Wondering how to get rid of this feeling in my head. I feel like my brain's tired. I've decided to start doing more things in my life and I just jumped into the process head-on. So much shit happened today that I have to process and I don't think I'll be able to sleep for a while.

For one, I struck up conversation with some Muslims in a bagel place and now one is offering to help me learn Arabic. I learned quite a bit about Islam in the process. I'm actually warming up to moderate theistic religion, even though it's not true to its roots. I didn't look on the bright side that people are willing to twist the foundations of their own beliefs for the sake of human rights and living in a modern, global society.

Two, my newfound outgoing attitude has made some great things happen at work. The only thing I regret is that I accidentally broke a glass.

Googling "lower back pain and sex" and writing a list of people to send Christmas shit to. I went to a craft fair today and had dinner at 4 PM. I may be an old hag but at least i'm wearing Doc Martens.

Getting my resume together for another server position at a Bar/Restaurant. Fortunately I can still get into bars. I hate tinkering with my resume. Hell, I’d rather write my own epitaph.

Really not looking forward to this process. The grueling repetition of scanning Craigslist, composing a cover letter, pasting a resume into the email, scheduling an interview, public trans to the interview, etc. It’s interminable. And then, after all that drudgery, they have the gall to ask, “When can you start working?”

Just returned to Iowa City after seeing Ares Kingdom/Gates of Slumber/Cianide with Schmidt and his friends. It was an awesome show and I'm wiped out as fuck.