The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

man my observation hours are what made me decide to teach college rather than high school. Ask them if they have curriculum binders. that's what did it for me. Not the students. What schools are you observing at?

Yeah it seemed a little crazy. Most of the teachers didn't even know what they were gonna be teaching until yeterday morning. I'm observing at Compton High and a middle school whose name is slipping my mind.

yeah. I did my hours at San Pedro High (where I went to high school). It was cool but you see a lot of the political bullshit teachers have to deal with.

my agenda for the day

teach
nap
beer
teach
beer
sleep

Yeah it seemed a little crazy. Most of the teachers didn't even know what they were gonna be teaching until yeterday morning. I'm observing at Compton High and a middle school whose name is slipping my mind.

When I was a freshman in hs, I played football, and one of our games was at Compton. Theyre freshman team had like 13 kids, and they all played fucking dirty as shit. It was hilarious.

It seems to me like it would be hell teaching any class of people below 16-17 years old. Half of the teacher's time is wasted on dealing with complete nonsense from rowdy students, or at least that's how it was in my class in high school.

It seems to me like it would be hell teaching any class of people below 16-17 years old. Half of the teacher's time is wasted on dealing with complete nonsense from rowdy students, or at least that's how it was in my class in high school.

of course it would be hell

Yeah. I remember banging on the desk in IT class and singing "Is this the road to Amarillo?" and "Sweet Caroline".

No work today, first day off from work/gigs in like two months. Spent it walking in the park and taking pictures while listening to music. Then got caught in the rain with no umbrella, but I didn't mind it. And now about to head out again for my 4th day of 30 day bikram yoga challenge.

And now about to head out again for my 4th day of 30 day bikram yoga challenge.

How do you like Bikram? I've never tried hot yoga before, but it seems like it kicks your ass.

Just got tutoring gig that pays almost twice my current wage. That means I can quit my current job when school starts, work half the hours and still have cash flow. Fuck yeah.