The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

How do you like Bikram? I've never tried hot yoga before, but it seems like it kicks your ass.

Just got tutoring gig that pays almost twice my current wage. That means I can quit my current job when school starts, work half the hours and still have cash flow. Fuck yeah.

Going to interject myself into the yoga topic :)

Bikram is very limited in variety. Its a set of something like 26 poses, everytime. I find that to be a bit boring, but others dont. The heated room seemed like a good bonus but I already pour sweat without the added heat, so its a bit excessive for my liking.

P.S. I know youre located in So cal, do you know about Bhaktifest coming up? Its my favorite yoga fest of the year by far, offering work exchange for entry into the fest, in the beautiful desert of Joshua Tree. I know you went to LiB, so I know youre down with the yoga, but the music at Bhakti is more Kirtan based, not electronic based. Just a heads up :)

Going to interject myself into the yoga topic :)

Bikram is very limited in variety. Its a set of something like 26 poses, everytime. I find that to be a bit boring, but others dont. The heated room seemed like a good bonus but I already pour sweat without the added heat, so its a bit excessive for my liking.

P.S. I know youre located in So cal, do you know about Bhaktifest coming up? Its my favorite yoga fest of the year by far, offering work exchange for entry into the fest, in the beautiful desert of Joshua Tree. I know you went to LiB, so I know youre down with the yoga, but the music at Bhakti is more Kirtan based, not electronic based. Just a heads up :)

Yeah I've heard about it but don't know too much about it. What are the dates? I do like Kirtan music, but I've spent a fairly ridiculous amount of money on concerts and festivals this summer.

Also, what part of LA are you in; it's sounds like you've tried out a decent amount of yoga studios. I'd like to find a good but affordable studio either on the west side or near Hollywood.

so i've been hanging out with this oreo girl that i think is as-sexy-as-hell

several days ago she flat-out told me that she's never gonna have sex with me

and then, just a couple of min ago, she talked me into letting her move in with me when me and the other guy (who is friends with her) rent a motel room

so i've been hanging out with this oreo girl that i think is as-sexy-as-hell

several days ago she flat-out told me that she's never gonna have sex with me

and then, just a couple of min ago, she talked me into letting her move in with me when me and the other guy (who is friends with her) rent a motel room

Oh shit!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I've heard about it but don't know too much about it. What are the dates? I do like Kirtan music, but I've spent a fairly ridiculous amount of money on concerts and festivals this summer.

Also, what part of LA are you in; it's sounds like you've tried out a decent amount of yoga studios. I'd like to find a good but affordable studio either on the west side or near Hollywood.

Yeah the dates are a week from tomorrow. Thurs to Sunday. Something to keep in the back of your mind for whenever.

Im not exactly in LA, im north about a half hour.

As far as my opinions on studios, Im a bit biased towards Anusara because thats what style im licensed in and what I like. There are two that come to mind. Still Yoga and Yoga At The Raven, both in Silverlake, both run by good people and the classes are pretty solid. I also really like City Yoga on Fairfax in Hollywood.

If you are ever in Venice, check out Bhakti Yoga Shala or YogaGlo. Both are donation based studios. Bhakti Yoga Shala has some pretty awesome music events going on the regular since youre into Kirtan, and YogaGlo is awesome because they film their classes for their online subscription. Neat to see their setup and be a part of that.

How do you like Bikram? I've never tried hot yoga before, but it seems like it kicks your ass.

Just got tutoring gig that pays almost twice my current wage. That means I can quit my current job when school starts, work half the hours and still have cash flow. Fuck yeah.

I honestly love it! As Kaf said, it's 26 poses (each pose is done twice) in a room of 105 degrees with normally 40% humidity. The teacher can make the experience, had some really great ones so far who really pushed. It's a TON of sweating. If you have any heart problems it's probably not a good idea. However, it's great for increasing flexibility and endurance. I was talking to one guy there who said that he never use to exercise regularly at all. He decided to do a 30 day challenge fell in love with it and did another after that. Since then he was able to run two marathons, and now he's training for his third! You definitely need to pay more attention to your eating and hydration habits. I actually have very low blood pressure, so have to eat candy or something sugary afterwards to stop from feeling dizzy.

would love to try other forms of yoga after this though. something i rather do than going to the gym, to be honest.

Also congrats on the new job! Sounds pretty fucking boss.

Bikram sounds like torture. I get lightheaded and faint in the bathtub. If I sit in there (tub) for long enough, I get totally dissociated and can move stuff around in my field of vision.

Finally joined the world of HDTVs and I have to say I do not know how I went this long...

jesus it makes such a difference

I honestly love it! As Kaf said, it's 26 poses (each pose is done twice) in a room of 105 degrees with normally 40% humidity. The teacher can make the experience, had some really great ones so far who really pushed. It's a TON of sweating. If you have any heart problems it's probably not a good idea. However, it's great for increasing flexibility and endurance. I was talking to one guy there who said that he never use to exercise regularly at all. He decided to do a 30 day challenge fell in love with it and did another after that. Since then he was able to run two marathons, and now he's training for his third! You definitely need to pay more attention to your eating and hydration habits. I actually have very low blood pressure, so have to eat candy or something sugary afterwards to stop from feeling dizzy.

would love to try other forms of yoga after this though. something i rather do than going to the gym, to be honest.

My dad's side of the family are all into yoga. I remember my aunt talking about "hot yoga" a while ago, saying that it feels so refreshing when you're done - you just get everything out of your system (also, I don't know if this is standard, but she said the place she went to poured hot rocks on the back of your feet, which supposedly feels REALLY good.) My dad used to do yoga and before she died, my grandmother did too. I'm definitely interested in trying it... as a matter of fact my cousin teaches it, I should ask her a little more about it...

Has anyone ever tried reiki? It's sort of like an alternative healing thing, which said aunt is obsessed with. You basically just lie there as the "reiki master" (my aunt has reached this level of certification) transfers the energy from your body through theirs. To this day I'm not sure whether it actually works, or if my aunt just likes feeling people up, but the two treatments I had were very refreshing.

Sucks man. You should be able to have control over your money instead of having a payee (knowing your situation I'm assuming that's what you're talking about?)

Yeah the dates are a week from tomorrow. Thurs to Sunday. Something to keep in the back of your mind for whenever.

Im not exactly in LA, im north about a half hour.

As far as my opinions on studios, Im a bit biased towards Anusara because thats what style im licensed in and what I like. There are two that come to mind. Still Yoga and Yoga At The Raven, both in Silverlake, both run by good people and the classes are pretty solid. I also really like City Yoga on Fairfax in Hollywood.

If you are ever in Venice, check out Bhakti Yoga Shala or YogaGlo. Both are donation based studios. Bhakti Yoga Shala has some pretty awesome music events going on the regular since youre into Kirtan, and YogaGlo is awesome because they film their classes for their online subscription. Neat to see their setup and be a part of that.

Thanks for the recs. I really need to find a place that works for me. I've been mostly working solo or going to classes at the YMCA, but those are only so so.

Yeah I've heard mixed things, but would like to give it a shot one of these days. The cool thing about yoga is there's so many different takes on it. It feels inexhaustible.

And thanks! I'm stoked on the job and internship.

So the teacher I'm interning for at Compton is a metalhead. Unfortunately I wasn't there when it happened, but apparently she he other day she woke up a kid who had fallen asleep in class by blasting Slayer in class.

So the teacher I'm interning for at Compton is a metalhead. Unfortunately I wasn't there when it happened, but apparently she he other day she woke up a kid who had fallen asleep in class by blasting Slayer in class.

You're interning for a female metalhead teacher? That has got to be the coolest job I could EVER imagine.