The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

I moved back to LA, so my original statement is still accurate. At least for now. Hottest September ever anyone?

Just finished sending an email for a documentary a woman at my yoga class asked me to be in. The struggle is real, but the documentary seems really cool and something I'd like to be apart of. It's a documentary about hair! Woot.

Just finished sending an email for a documentary a woman at my yoga class asked me to be in. The struggle is real, but the documentary seems really cool and something I'd like to be apart of. It's a documentary about hair! Woot.

you get to be in a documentary

woo-hoo

Had my first interview for a job I actually wanted today. It's for a contract as a UNIX Admin in a RedHat/Solaris environment. I didn't think I was qualified for it when I applied, but the recruiter took 2 pages of notes and had a shit eating grin on his face during the whole interview, took note of my school schedule, and wants to bring me in for a second interview next week.

I also have an interview with a staffing agency that specializes in Accounting positions next week. They had me take some skills tests (simple multiple choice on industry terms, typing, an excel simulator) and I passed them all with flying colors so the recruiter's confident that I'm a match for a few openings she's looking to fill.

Also finished my unemployment paperwork today. It's astounding how low the requirements are to keep collecting unemployment in my state. I only have to apply for 5 job a week, and I easily apply for 10 times that amount.