The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Nervous.

My son is enrolled in two preschool programs, a morning one that is for his learning disabilities and an afternoon one which is at a separate school. Today, he will be riding on a bus from afternoon school to the bus stop for the first time.

:erk:

Damn girl, hope the interview goes well sounds like a sweet gig for you.

PS Fuck Jury duty, its a fucking waste of time...Whenever I get their notices I just throw that shit in the trash.

Don't believe this. If you don't show up where I live, a sheriff comes to your house.

i've never been called for jury duty because you've got to be 18 years to do jury duty and i already had my disability check before my 18th birthday, and because my check is a psych check, i can't do jury duty because i'm labeled as "not mentally competent enough"

Fast forward to this week, I have to do jury duty and when I called my boss to let him know he started freaking out and asking me to see if I could get off from doing it (which I cant since I had already postponed that shit like 3 times because of work/life). And to be quite honest, I'm just tired of job. I work my ass off, and my shit gets stolen and allowed zero leniency

Well jury usually isn't too bad. The odds of actually ending up on a jury are fairly low. And even if you do get selected they probably won't put you on a long case unless your job gives you jury days. So it'll probably mean just sitting around bored for one day. Just bring a good book.

Good luck on the other job; sounds way cooler and more rewarding.

I have successfully pulled off the CVS-RiteAid-CVS dance. My old pharmacist from CVS needs some help and I'm sick of the 45 minute commute to Rite Aid, along with a bunch of additional stress which Rite Aid's inefficient work flow has caused. So now, or soon at least, I'm back to living 5 minutes away from my job and, surprisingly, CVS matched what Rite Aid is paying me.

Don't believe this. If you don't show up where I live, a sheriff comes to your house.

Yeah I'm pretty sure Kafkax has never actually been called to jury duty because that shit is fucking serious business. I've been called twice, and it was during finals week both times so I managed to get out of it. It wasn't easy though.

I'm fresh out of Scotch and bourbon(and herbs!) ... so tonight i decided to spend some time with mr Crown Royal ... going down pretty good.

edit: Im in California, and as long as you dont respond to the summons or sign off for anything in the mail then you dont have to show up for shit. Once i made a mistake of going to the post office and signing off for that envelope and was screwed and had to go, trashed every other summons before and after that incident and never had a problem.

I've had a stable address and I have been called for jury duty once. I just never went though. I'm doing just fine.

last time I had jury duty was awesome. The floor we were on had this big open air deck. so I sat out there with a book. We got a two hour lunch, so I walked to Beachwood BBQ and had a couple beers and a sandwich. Came back. Didn't get called. It was a good day.

I went to jury duty and said I thought statutory rape was ok if consensual. Didn't get picked. I ran into a kid I knew in HS who had turned into a full blown proper furry.

He didn't wear fursuit to jury duty, but we talked during lunch and I asked "were you a furry in HS" and he said "yes but now I am very active in the community" or some such.

That fucking hurt...tossed my cigarette out while driving on the freeway and it flew back into my car and down my shirt ... burned my upper back