The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Looks like I'm gonna be spending a couple days flushing THC out of my bloodstream. I have an interview with a company called ProBuild in their Accounts Receivable (not collections) department. They're a wholesaler for building materials and it seems like a great entry point into the accounting industry.

Their score on Glassdoor is not too great, but I'll take what I can get at this point. Fuck unemployment.

Looks like I'm gonna be spending a couple days flushing THC out of my bloodstream. I have an interview with a company called ProBuild in their Accounts Receivable (not collections) department. They're a wholesaler for building materials and it seems like a great entry point into the accounting industry.

Their score on Glassdoor is not too great, but I'll take what I can get at this point. Fuck unemployment.

Good luck man. I'm actually doing the same thing, they told me I have to "consent" to a test, though I'm not sure I have to actually do it. Apparently the people that work there come in stoned all the time and no one cares.

I'm doing few days without alcohol because I felt physically devastated during the weekend and this has to stop if I want to survive another decade. I was just in a shop and I got the weirdest haul. I was standing there for a while not having a clue about what to buy for the evening and then I got milk, a carbonated water, a white yoghurt and three lemons. I should be able to do at least 5 days without alcohol.

Small company I imagine? Can you just get away with anything there? My sister might get a job working for this one dude, making $30,000+ at age 21, but "thinks it would be boring". I told her to go for it for those reasons. She'd be making more than anyone else in my family... and fuck, she'd have a window office. Yet she doesn't want to work there.

I, on the other hand, am overjoyed at working at a toy store. And I'm the older brother. Life's weird...

She's 21, she should go teach English overseas or something. Too young for "chair desk slave." 30K is enough to support yourself but just barely and definitely not in a large city with a costly lifestyle.

Small company I imagine? Can you just get away with anything there? My sister might get a job working for this one dude, making $30,000+ at age 21, but "thinks it would be boring". I told her to go for it for those reasons. She'd be making more than anyone else in my family... and fuck, she'd have a window office. Yet she doesn't want to work there.

I, on the other hand, am overjoyed at working at a toy store. And I'm the older brother. Life's weird...

Yeah small company. 4 employees including myself.

You work at a toy store? Fucking kill me. :puke:

She's 21, she should go teach English overseas or something. Too young for "chair desk slave." 30K is enough to support yourself but just barely and definitely not in a large city with a costly lifestyle.

Im with Krampus. 30K in so cal is basically minimum wage. Hard to get by, especially at 21.

30K in upstate NY is enough to squeak by with some fun, provided you don't have car trouble or a pet emergency. This is assuming you rent with 1+ roommates or have an insanely cheap place.

I would kill myself if I worked at a toy store.

Yeah small company. 4 employees including myself.

You work at a toy store? Fucking kill me. :puke:

I haven't gotten the job yet, but they basically said as long as you pass the background check (which I did) you would, because they're understaffed. But it shouldn't be that bad. My friend is helping me out, and she's been there for six years. It's pretty brutal at times but I need the money to back and get my degree.

My sister didn't get that job though, but she's not too upset about it. The process scares me, honestly. I ultimately want to be self-employed, but that's a whole lot more work if you actually want to afford a decent living.

I can't be in public on psychs (get all floppy and anxious and whatnot) but I'll be taken care of and enjoying! I'm wearing my dancing shoes at work.

Hope you get to have fun like that soon!