The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Just got back from a kickass interview. Went well over schedule. It was truly a meeting of the minds, they're looking for someone enthusiastic and offering training on multiple uncommon ERP's, and the position is a perfect blend of database administration and invoicing. It's contract-to-hire, and the department is a huge hiring pool for upper management and IT.

The guys who interviewed me both shook my hand twice before I left, and I'm supposed to know whether I got the job by the end of the day, or first thing on Monday.

Awesome Eligos! Sounds like that went extremely well hope you got it.

I wish I was dancing tonight!

Having a pretty bad bday and now I don't have the desire to go out at all. Had a brutal fight with the boyfriend. At least I have vodka, I guess.

Sitting in a hotel room in Madison, Wisconsin, paid for by my grad program. Just delivered a paper at a conference today and it was very well received. They had a keg of New Glarus Spotted Cow ale at the banquet afterward. Today has been fantastic.

Just got back from a kickass interview. Went well over schedule. It was truly a meeting of the minds, they're looking for someone enthusiastic and offering training on multiple uncommon ERP's, and the position is a perfect blend of database administration and invoicing. It's contract-to-hire, and the department is a huge hiring pool for upper management and IT.

The guys who interviewed me both shook my hand twice before I left, and I'm supposed to know whether I got the job by the end of the day, or first thing on Monday.

Wow, some successful people on this blog. Hope it works out for you. My dad's gotten some pretty good contract-for-hire jobs, but they usually "hire" him for a few years since it's generally only for a project or something. But IT is always a good field to be in. My sister works in IT and makes bank - she's actually had the same job since she's been out of college which was 18 years ago.

And two double handshakes... damn. I don't think I've ever received even one of those in my life.

Sitting in a hotel room in Madison, Wisconsin, paid for by my grad program. Just delivered a paper at a conference today and it was very well received. They had a keg of New Glarus Spotted Cow ale at the banquet afterward. Today has been fantastic.

Congrats! I've spent all summer working on a draft for submission to a journal. If that doesn't get accepted, I may shorten it to conference paper length and look around for events.

That's happened to me before... led to a very embarrassing situation.

Hope you have a kickass time, though.

I can't be in public on psychs (get all floppy and anxious and whatnot) but I'll be taken care of and enjoying! I'm wearing my dancing shoes at work.

Hope you get to have fun like that soon!

At MDF when I was tripping on mushrooms I kept thinking the goverment was going to take me to prison when I got to the hotel so I talked to the dude at the front desk thinking he knew what I did and eventually I said fuck it, I'm going back to my room and going to sleep. He said that was probably a good idea.

Just got back from my cousin's birthday at our beach house. Now drinking Harpoon Octoberfest and watching baseball with my dad. Good night.

Also, is it just me, or has activity here slowed down since Monoxide got the boot?

I'm not saying that's necessarily the reason, but I've noticed things have slowed down a bit recently. What are you studying for?