The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Well, 25 years ago today, I had to be hacked from the stomach of my mother. My gigantic head not only didn't let me pass through but it also ensnared my umbilical cord around my neck and nearly killed me as well.

Well, 25 years ago today, I had to be hacked from the stomach of my mother. My gigantic head not only didn't let me pass through but it also ensnared my umbilical cord around my neck and nearly killed me as well.

I was supposed to be a girl, but then I came out and, woah hey, I got a tiny little Midwestern white boy dick. Parent's weren't too happy with my penis.

Happy B-Day faggot

eaify.jpg

yeah, i hate even worse than that when you're talking to someone on the phone, and you're checking for all your shit before you leave the house

and you go to look for your phone but can't find it

Omg this! No bueno. That's definitely happened to me more times than I can count.

I met my best friend in 3rd grade because I was in the corner crying because I couldn't fin my glasses. When she asked me what was wrong and I told her couldn't find my glasses, she goes, "they are on top of your head, dummy!"

Short term memory never changes.

Happy birthday, Krow! Brutal birth. Do you perchance have asthma? Most of the c-section babies I know do.

Why would you put them up on top of your head in the first place? You must be one of those people who only needs glasses for mild visual correction.

Sergeant Grumbles: Need them for distance and to see when it's dark. If I'm reading or doing something that is close up, normally don't need them. My vision is pretty bad though and should just keep them on my face. I remember that you wear glasses too, no worries we are on the same boat aka the unlucky ones. :lol:

Sitting in a hotel near Krig's neck of the woods for a college umpiring clinic. Kinda sucks, tomorrow is gonna be busy as fuck.

Just finished the first real week of my teaching credential/ MA ed. program.

The bad: This is absurdly time consuming. For example my Wednesday schedule: Be up at 5:30. Be out the door at 6:45. Be to Compton High by 7:45. TA in a class of 10th graders from 8 AM to 2:45 PM. Then I have a 3 hour class from 3:30 to 6:30, which sets me up to be leaving Compton exactly at rush hour! So I by the time I actually get out of my car it's about 7:45 or 8. The other days aren't quite as bad, but also not that much better. I'm taking 5 grad classes in addition to three days of in class observation/ participation. However you cut it, it's an insane amount of work.

The good: my cohort is awesome, my lead professor is an amazing and inspiring human being and my supervising teacher is willing to let me and my partner start teaching as soon as next week!

My middle school teacher really has her class on track, but the high school class is really not going well. Most of the class is failing. Most the students are English as Second language and while they are fluent, their skill level is way below grade level, so their academic self-esteem is low. Furthermore, I don't think a lot of the students see how the material connects to their lives, which is too bad because I think a lot of the stuff they're reading has relevant messages. Hopefully my partner and I can help them see the relevance and become more engaged. But it's gonna be a battle.

Played golf yesterday for the first time, found I'm quite good actually. Got a job interview this Tuesday and the concert Wednesday. Should be a fun week.