The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

You're gay.

Finished the conference at work and met a bunch of people I'd only spoken to by phone or email prior. They were all surprised I'm not middle aged and white.

Funerary_Doom I'd say go with the vegan diner job if you don't mind the funky hours.

This bitch just wrote down the pros and cons of her new handbag and sent it to me like I fucking care. Apparently it's too big. Well, the list of its features is quite long really. It's pretty stylish and it was expensive. Gah. It's a fucking handbag!!! WHY ME?

Jesus my friend, you're pussy whipped without even getting any pussy.

You're gay.

Finished the conference at work and met a bunch of people I'd only spoken to by phone or email prior. They were all surprised I'm not middle aged and white.

Funerary_Doom I'd say go with the vegan diner job if you don't mind the funky hours.

Thanks Laura, yeah I'm training tomorrow. Just going with the flow and see what happens!

Btw that's pretty awesome, that means you got professionalism down to a t.

Sometimes when I'm on the train (like now), I think we all are going to start singing, "let's all hold hands here on the subway," like they did in that one episode in Hey Arnold.

I agree, that's nonsense. For example, I have several beautiful female friends who are practicing Jews or Muslims. As a staunch atheist, there's no way I could be with someone with their belief system and I assume they feel likewise about dating an atheist. But they're still cool people that I enjoy spending time with.

A couple days ago I drank with a person that wasn't my father (two people actually) for the first time in my life. He's one of my students but he's a PhD student himself in an unrelated major so it's not like he needed to bribe me for any reason. Aside from a LAN party a couple years ago, I think the last time I did something social with someone outside my family was in 6th grade. I can die with a peaceful conscience now.

Friendship can only exist between a man and woman if they don't find each other attractive

Don't agree with this either. I really like talking to people, and talking to different people, to me, is like reading a new book. It's very insightful male or female. Sex ain't everything (awaits the tons of naysayers) :lol:

Kudos HamburgerBoy! Man 6th grade? That's a really long time

I agree, that's nonsense. For example, I have several beautiful female friends who are practicing Jews or Muslims. As a staunch atheist, there's no way I could be with someone with their belief system and I assume they feel likewise about dating an atheist. But they're still cool people that I enjoy spending time with.

Just curious, what part of LA you live in?

Nope, they're just not attracted to you.

In one of the cases I have in mind you're right, but actually I think the other girl is attracted to me, which is what made me think of it. And I'm not saying I wouldn't be DTF if she was, but considering her beliefs and lifestyle, that's just a fantasy.

At a bar, drinking, and I have to shit. Fml.

Oh man, crapping on a piss-covered bar toilet is the worst.

Just curious, what part of LA you live in?

Hollywood.