The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Class. Looking at horses with various diseases. Great tbh. I don't like horses.

I thought deron said before we could make racist jokes but just not to go overboard with it.

Granted I never saw what Lats posted.

And this forum is not a democracy. There are two consuls and an emperor.

Don't hold a grudge because I deleted your racist comments from the sports threads.

Oh damn I didn't even notice that. I'm not holding a grudge - I just wanted to use the word tranny in conversation.

Not in the sense of a legal ban, but I do believe places like this do have a moral responsibility to prevent harmful language from being used. I realize it won't likely ever happen, but it would be good.

Edit: I do realize it is something that could become very troublesome, but it would be worth sorting through the inevitable shitfests to prevent it imo.

We can come at this from two sides: people become more knowledgeable about how people react to what they say, and people stop getting so up in arms over words. I think that chances are if you have to tell everyone why a word offends you, you're probably better off just ignoring it. This reminds me of those guys on tumblr who get mad that people don't consider the idea that they want different pronouns used to refer to them.

I have a french exam tomorrow and I'm trying out some exercises on the internet. I usually do about 50% correct. I don't think that's going to work out. :lol:

Mathiäs;10758034 said:
You're going to be selling mutual funds etc. I've heard that the 6 is one of the easier tests, that true?

Mutual funds
Closed-end funds on the initial offering only
Unit Investment Trust
Variable Annuities

Not selling, but servicing variable life policies. It allows me to make trades on the behalf of others into mutual funds.

Yes, it's probably the easiest test. Although, apparently over half don't pass on the first try. I got a 90% because I'm a fucking badass.

I wanted to take Series 7, but my supervisor wouldn't let me. That test is ridiculously hard too.

Passing this thing was the last piece of the puzzle since I plan on looking into working somewhere else after Jan 1. Most financial companies want you to have the 6 at least. Most want 6/63 or 6/65.

We can come at this from two sides: people become more knowledgeable about how people react to what they say, and people stop getting so up in arms over words. I think that chances are if you have to tell everyone why a word offends you, you're probably better off just ignoring it. This reminds me of those guys on tumblr who get mad that people don't consider the idea that they want different pronouns used to refer to them.

What it is more like is when those people request that you refer to them using a specific pronoun and people continue to use something other than that.

It isn't people getting "up in arms" over "words" it is the malicious nature of some words and the meaning behind them.

I'm messing around with Spotify now; which is finally launching on my country (albeit via private invites at the moment). About damn time, I say!

Mutual funds
Closed-end funds on the initial offering only
Unit Investment Trust
Variable Annuities

Not selling, but servicing variable life policies. It allows me to make trades on the behalf of others into mutual funds.

Yes, it's probably the easiest test. Although, apparently over half don't pass on the first try. I got a 90% because I'm a fucking badass.

I wanted to take Series 7, but my supervisor wouldn't let me. That test is ridiculously hard too.

Passing this thing was the last piece of the puzzle since I plan on looking into working somewhere else after Jan 1. Most financial companies want you to have the 6 at least. Most want 6/63 or 6/65.

I'm going for accounting myself, the finance game really seems like one of the best to get into in terms of work environment and doing what you gotta do. Especially if you have a natural aptitude for it.