The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

The Oatmeal guy launched a card game on Kickstarter. Already broke the most backers record and still has 22 days. If it sustained this rate it could probably pass the Coolest Cooler for most $$ also.

I like The Oatmeal. Makes me chuckle very regularly.

Been eating out a lot lately because I'm too lazy to shop. Today it was chicken soup with bread and a strange tea-like lemonade, followed by a greek yogurt smoothie, and finally some hot, sticky Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

Someone in my fellowship sent me a promotional email for some free meal kit deliveries from Blue Apron, a cooking ingredients & recipe service. I'm getting my first delivery next Wednesday, and pretty psyched.

Finished season 2 of American Horror Story tonight. Once it was over I had one of those moments of clarity where my eyes were opened to the full scope of how fucked my life is and how urgently I must take action to get my shit together. Fortunately it passed after a couple minutes.

Anyone else here use f.lux? I've been using it for about a year and realized more people should know about it and use it. It's a plug-in for your computer that naturally dims your monitor's brightness the later it gets at night. It really improves your sleep and makes you more tired at night, as opposed to keep you up. Check it out:

https://justgetflux.com/

Definitely gonna try that out, too.

Thats probably why I havnt slept well the past 3 nights. Last night was especially bad. Woke up at 3am and just did not go back to sleep. Shit sucks.

So needless to say, work is gonna be a bitch today.

Fuck that shit. Id rather smoke a bowl then take a stupid pill.

I think I need to invest in a fan of some sort. The more I think about it, I honestly think its cause my roommates like to set the thermostat to 74! 70 fucking 4! Im used to sleeping in 60 or below in my room. I need that shit like an ice box.

Schmidt, you may be too stressed or overstimulated when you're going to bed. Try setting aside an hour at the end of the day to be off the computer, not thinking about tomorrow or talking to people, and just watch some boring TV. I'd suggest meditating, but I can't really picture you doing that.

Being on the computer isn't just bad because of the stimulation - the bright lights also send a signal to the brain that it's daytime. F.lux isn't going to fix that.

Fuck that shit. Id rather smoke a bowl then take a stupid pill.

I think I need to invest in a fan of some sort. The more I think about it, I honestly think its cause my roommates like to set the thermostat to 74! 70 fucking 4! Im used to sleeping in 60 or below in my room. I need that shit like an ice box.

Yeah, we keep the house at like 60-65 most of the time except the peak of summer. Super cheap during the winter where we are.

I'm the same way. White noise also helps me because I'm a light sleeper. We recently got an air purifier for our apartment because of my allergies, and the white noise from that at night makes it nice...knock out in a few minutes

Didn't drink the beer I bought yesterday, so that's my plan this evening. Hadn't got stoned in a while so I basically knocked myself out pretty early. Watched Annabelle. It's okay. I like possession and demon movies.

zabu of nΩd;10964365 said:
Schmidt, you may be too stressed or overstimulated when you're going to bed. Try setting aside an hour at the end of the day to be off the computer, not thinking about tomorrow or talking to people, and just watch some boring TV. I'd suggest meditating, but I can't really picture you doing that.

Being on the computer isn't just bad because of the stimulation - the bright lights also send a signal to the brain that it's daytime. F.lux isn't going to fix that.

How is staring at the TV better then staring at the computer, late at night?

How is staring at the TV better then staring at the computer, late at night?

The bright light is still a problem, but it's at least a passive/unengaging activity.

The best thing is when you can watch something that interests you more for the audio than the picture. I've had some nice TV comas watching things on the History channels where they keep showing a lot of boring Egyptian heiroglyphs, or an archaeologist interviewing a bunch of towel heads, but when I just focus on the history lesson narrative it's still interesting.

It usually take me about an hour to fall asleep and I've had some sleepless nights in my life. When I feel tired, I go brush my teeth and then suddenly I don't feel like sleeping. Definitely should just lay in front of TV, worked in the past but I just have so much stuff to do that I never get to it.

One thing that works 100% is beer, but I don't wanna drink every night and I hate waking up to piss.