The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

They're the greatest organization in basketball. Yeah, the Celtics have 1 more title (and yeah, a lot of their titles came against the Lakers) but no team has much consistency as the Lakers. 30+ trips to the Finals, only missed the playoffs 6(?) times... I mean fuck, that's just crazy.

Yeah i agree. But no one comes close to what Jordan and the Bulls did with 6 rings in 8 years. And that could have easily been 8 championships if MJ hadn't gotten bored with the league. But i'm pretty sure everyone here already knew that.

The Spurs have by far been the most consistent team in the league since the early 90's.

MJ and Pippen was the greatest duo in the history of the game imo. I remember as a kid being glued to the TV amazed at how unstoppable Jordan was. I also thought he could fly. :)

That era was my favorite. Jordan, Pippen, Kerr, Rodman, and Phil Jackson behind it all being a fucking gangster.

Speaking of both Lakers and Bulls, they played at Staples tonight. Double overtime, Lakers won. One of the first enjoyable games of the season...

ladder_notamused.jpg

Man, do not go there again.

I followed NBA like 20 years ago because it was enjoyable then but lately I just think it's a bunch of thugs running around who happen to be athletic. I was partial to Chicago. I watched their games all the time.

Yeah those were the days. I still remember waking up every sunday to the NBA on NBC theme song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZKX-cf_p90
:)

Also the Bulls intro and them song was fucking legendary ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYFlzJyxWlw

<3

Agreed.

Do you still watch at all?

Man, do not go there again.

I followed NBA like 20 years ago because it was enjoyable then but lately I just think it's a bunch of thugs running around who happen to be athletic. I was partial to Chicago. I watched their games all the time.

Sounds like you were never truly a basketball fan.

Athletic thugs?...Theres less crime/drug abuse/domestic abuse etc in the NBA than in the NFL, but...Ok. I think thats just a ignorant judgement more than anything. Go stick to a white mans sport if you are worried about "athletic thugs". NHL and MLB seems more your liking, their crime rates are substantially less.

I used to watch Chicago too, even though I hate their home court wasnt easy on the eyes. They had some solid players just a few years ago, but traded them all away.

EDIT:
What happened to Jeremy's "Shots fired" post? That shit made me smile :(

Nah, i stopped following up with that league a looong time ago. But i've enjoyed the few games i've caught this season. Looks like all the clowns that drove me away from that sport have grown up and turned into actual "professionals". Maybe Timmy and the Spurs pounding on most of them on a yearly basis taught them how to carry themselves better.

Turning 31 this weekend :(

Athletic thugs?...Theres less crime/drug abuse/domestic abuse etc in the NBA than in the NFL, but...Ok. I think thats just a ignorant judgement more than anything. Go stick to a white mans sport if you are worried about "athletic thugs". NHL and MLB seems more your liking, their crime rates are substantially less.

Like, like, like.

Anyways, my coworker (the fat unattractive one) just texted me two new pics of her self. One of them she's naked in a pool with two other girls and a guy.

Happy Friday! :lol:

Agreed.
Athletic thugs?...Theres less crime/drug abuse/domestic abuse etc in the NBA than in the NFL,

This.

Also, the NFL is filled with dumb, uneducated fools. I'm so glad the NBA stopped drafting people straight form HS, i think it's one of the main reasons that the league has slowly cleaned up its act.

I still can't stand the attention hungry, chest-thumping hipsters like westbrook though.

Undeleted it just for you, Cody.

Thanks dude :)

This.

Also, the NFL is filled with dumb, uneducated fools. I'm so glad the NBA stopped drafting people straight form HS, i think it's one of the main reasons that the league has slowly cleaned up its act.

I still can't stand the attention hungry, chest-thumping hipsters like westbrook though.

Happy early bday dude. :kickass:

And yeah man, Westbrook is a fucking tool. The NBA actually discourages such behavior, and rightfully so, shit is stupid. Reminds me of one of my least favorite players as of late, and sadly a Laker, Nick Young. Or more formally known as Swaggy P... :rolleyes:

The NBA is so boring. I've been to a game and it was pretty obvious most of the players were just jogging around until the last few minutes. Highlights do nothing to dispel that.