The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Huge water main break on the corner of my street. I went to get tacos and like 10 minutes later some cars were almost enveloped. I woke people up and moved their cars for them because they didn't wanna step in the nasty water. I'm such a nice guy.

I got incredibly trashed Saturday night at a party.

Don't remember any of it after the twelfth beer. Woke up at home, but I don't remember how or when I got there.

About to crack a beer to cure my misery from yesterday. Hopefully I can stop after today.

Netflix refuses to be functional on my fucking Wii. Everything runs fine but after a minute or two of non-HD playback it stops and I get the Netflix error AIP-701. I've tried every solution I can find on the internet but with no luck.

I guess I'm going to have to find a different streaming device. Perhaps I'll purchase Chromecast or the Amazon Fire Stick. Any of you folks use one of those?

Or just buy a PS3 since that's a better console anyway.

Do you not have Netflix on your computer?

I really want to get a PS4. I mean, fucking Uncharted 4, Metal Gear Solid 5, and shit knows what else are all coming soon, but I'm a poor ass graduate student. I'm hoping my brother gets a PS4 so I can just snag his old PS3...if it still works.

And yeah, I could always hook up my computer to the TV and watch it that way, but that is kind of a pain in the ass. I'm fine with just watching it through my computer at the moment though.

I have a Fire Stick and fucking love it. I have my Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, and my buddy gave me his HBO Go all on there. It's a lot nicer than streaming from the laptop connected to the TV. Also have Tune In Radio on there, which has some pretty damn good metal stations

My friend has a Roku. Shit seems tight. What difference is it from Chromecast and the Fire Stick?

I also have HBO included in my internet/basic tv package, so I'm not exactly worried about having access to HBO. I just want to watch Xena: Warrior Princess and X-Files...

I really want to get a PS4. I mean, fucking Uncharted 4, Metal Gear Solid 5, and shit knows what else are all coming soon, but I'm a poor ass graduate student. I'm hoping my brother gets a PS4 so I can just snag his old PS3...if it still works.

And yeah, I could always hook up my computer to the TV and watch it that way, but that is kind of a pain in the ass. I'm fine with just watching it through my computer at the moment though.

Just get a PS3 and kill hookers with me on GTAV.

I really hope you are not boasting about this and better yet, did not drive yourself.

I do not drive. I exclusively walk everywhere.

My friend has a Roku. Shit seems tight. What difference is it from Chromecast and the Fire Stick?

I also have HBO included in my internet/basic tv package, so I'm not exactly worried about having access to HBO. I just want to watch Xena: Warrior Princess and X-Files...

Roku was essentially the first type of device like that. You can use Netflix and Pandora on it (as well as Hulu I think). It has it's own box and you pay monthly to use it.

I believe the Fire stick works similarly, but I don't know if it has Netflix on it. If you have a Prime account, however, you can stream using their service. For 125 bucks a year, you can upload 250,000 songs and stream them and stream TV shows and movies all you want. You also get 2 day shipping on most items free. The shipping aspect alone is worth the 100 dollars because I save at least that much in shipping each year.

Have no idea what Chromecast offers.

If you have an xbox you can stream the prime stuff anyway via an app. If you a smart tv or smart HTS you can usually stream via that. However, the latter might require a tad more knowhow than just plugging in a dongle.