The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Thanks.

It comes as a shock. I've never seen any signs of him being depressed. He was the guy who always were able to cheer someone up.

Yeah, a lot of people who spend a lot of time trying to make other people happy are depressed. It's one of the ways that people cope. For what it's worth, he probably enjoyed making others around him happy.

Reactions: CiG
Got a call today that I wasn't expecting so soon. I've been planning on moving out to Fargo, ND in June for some time now, but the one thing I wasn't sure of was if I would be able to transfer my job out there.

About a week ago I called the Walgreens in Fargo and talked to the store manager about transferring when I move. She mentioned there may be a potential opening around then, but wasn't sure. I was told that she would keep in contact with me as well as get a hold of the managers at the two Moorhead, MN (less than 5 miles from Fargo basically.)

Today one of the Moorhead store managers called me to say that his store was going to take my transfer!

I just need to get my apartment situation figured out, but after that all is good. Cannot begin to say how happy I am about this.

Got a call today that I wasn't expecting so soon. I've been planning on moving out to Fargo, ND in June for some time now, but the one thing I wasn't sure of was if I would be able to transfer my job out there.

About a week ago I called the Walgreens in Fargo and talked to the store manager about transferring when I move. She mentioned there may be a potential opening around then, but wasn't sure. I was told that she would keep in contact with me as well as get a hold of the managers at the two Moorhead, MN (less than 5 miles from Fargo basically.)

Today one of the Moorhead store managers called me to say that his store was going to take my transfer!

I just need to get my apartment situation figured out, but after that all is good. Cannot begin to say how happy I am about this.

What's got you shooting for Fargo?

Are you like an assistant manager or something?

I mean, I applied to the University of North Dakota in Grand Forks but thankfully they didn't accept me. I'm sure Fargo has it's own beauty to it, but why? Too far away from a city for me.

What's got you shooting for Fargo?

My partner lives in Bismarck and we decided on Fargo as our place to go to 'get ourselves started.'

Congratulations man. Still doing the shared apartment thing?

Yup.

Are you like an assistant manager or something?

Sort of? I'm part of store leadership, but not technically a manager. Position is called "shift leader" and basically we do everything assistant managers would do outside of be able to discipline employees and make management pay heh.

Reactions: Matt and CiG
Good luck. I hope that the moving process goes smoothly.

Thanks.

Has everybody else got their job situation sorted out or are you ahead?

I'm the only one set right now, but it shouldn't be a problem overall since all jobs involved are easily transferred.

Are you worried that Fargo, being more rural, might be less tolerant than say a west coast city?

It would be less so than a west coast city, but no less than any other mid-sized Midwestern city and I'm mostly used to that having been around them my entire life.