The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Had another funny day today.

I was walking to work, when I was stopped by two younger girls, looked to be about 19-20, who were handing out cards about Jesus. They rambled on, very chipper and excited like, for a good five minutes before I politely said I had to get to work, and thanks anyways.

They then asked me if I believe in Jesus, and without thinking I just laughed and walked off; and I think I offended them.

Oops. When I got to work I told my boss about it in amusement, and her response was "You should have just told them you worship Satan" and I lost it, laughing my ass off.

I'm at work listening to Leopold Mozart, drinking this stupid fucking shit water, I swear this is not drinkable water, it's some utility wastewater or something. Coworker brings beers I think so I should be fine.

Reactions: CiG
the-toxic-avenger-1984.jpg

Reactions: unknown and CiG
Just drew up a plan for the next week. Didn't end up getting an apartment, so the (ex) woman and I are having to move into a bedroom at her mother's house. I'm not pleased about it... but it is what it is.

SATURDAY
☆ File income taxes
☆ Work 1:30 - 6:30

MONDAY
☆ Obtain a bank statement
☆ Work 2 - 7

TUESDAY
☆ Go uptown to get polyethylene plastic bins for moving
☆ Work 3 - 7

WEDNESDAY
☆ Buy new padlock from Home Hardware for the new bedroom
☆ Get the home key for the new place copied for myself
☆ Clean new bedroom top-to-bottom

THURSDAY
☆ Move our stuff; bins first, then dresser, then bed

After moving our shit on Thursday, I will finally get to relax a bit.

I was going to ask something but realized that might be too personal...

You don't have to answer, but why not just live at home? I remember you saying you didn't like your girlfriend's mom very much.

She's your ex and you're still living together?
I still love the girl tbh. We likely will get back together at some point, but right now it's just friends. *shrugs*

I was going to ask something but realized that might be too personal...

You don't have to answer, but why not just live at home? I remember you saying you didn't like your girlfriend's mom very much.
I really don't. But:
- I really don't want to move back with my parents, just out of principle
- If I did move back with my parents, I'd have to quit my job as I lack regular transportation (I don't actually drive. I got struck by a car doing 80 a few years back, which sorta left me traumatized by the whole aspect of driving)
- I wouldn't be able to see the ex-gf often if at all (maybe once every couple of weeks tops) if I did.

Basically I'm just trying to hold on during a bad situation so it doesn't turn into a worse situation. This move is only supposed to be temporary as well, to buy us a month or two to find an actual apartment.

You don't work at all hardly. How can you afford to live on your own?
Simply put, without a roommate, I can't. The job market is fucked up here, which makes it staggeringly hard to get even a job as a grocery store service clerk (my current job).

Which is why I want to go back to school to do a trade, like welding or some shit. Something I can actually make decent money with.

I'm still waiting for my coworker. He's already 3 hours late. Is this normal elsewhere? Three hours seem like quite a lot of time. He claimed to be on his way in a metro like 90 minutes ago. However he could've undertaken the whole journey to here three times in 90 minutes so he was obviously lying. I don't mind that he's late but I don't understand why he's fucking lying to me. I don't like when people make an idiot out of me, especially when they're friends.

I know I'm a funny faggot and all but hey show some respect.

It looks like he didn't even bring any beer to work, what the fuck.

EDIT: Oh. He did. (y)

Last edited:
Man I wish i could get some 5 hour workdays. I hit 60 hours in 4 days this week and had to lie about going out of town to get them off me this weekend. Would have probably been inching toward 90 hrs this week had I not.

My longest work weeks ever were 112 hours followed by 107 hours. They were consecutive weeks. It was years ago when I was in an hourly job. I volunteered for it because it was needed coverage and I wanted the money. It made me horribly sick and I wanted to die. I'd never do that again.

Start time: 7:45 AM
End time: 4:30 PM

It's nice. I'm salary and the only reason I'm at work today is because I've been out for two weeks and wanted to get caught up. I had 200 emails and 9 days of reports to review plus a 38 page document but the deadline for that is April 1 so I'll do that early this coming week.

Working 90 hours a week would probably move me to suicide unless it was a job I absolutely loved (can't think of a job I could love that much).

My all time high is 96 hrs. The worst thing about it is that when I'm hitting huge numbers like that it's because my company is short handed, instead of doing my mildly easy job of upkeep/scheduling maintenance and repair of the company's huge lot of vehicles and machinery and the occasional delivery, I'm going out on location and pulling fucking plastic to make containments. I had 74 hours this week and most of it came from running a pressure washer and driving.

I really need to look for another job but working that much I can't get motivated and well... Alcohol knows it's gonna win.

Jesus christ, my last job I was scheduled for 72 hours a week but then I was off the whole week after. So more like 36h/week. Doing that much every week more than two or three in row would probably drive me insane.