The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

I need to make some sheppard's pie sometime soon. I haven't had it in a couple of years.

Attempting to explain the philosophy of Heidegger in a paper that will be read by history professors who are mostly uninterested in philosophy. It's not necessarily hard, but it's tedious.

Reactions: Dak
Listening to my acoustic cover I did today of I Hate People by GG Allin. It's pretty good. I fucked up the lyrics and just improvised, which is scary, considering it all actually came to my head on my own thoughts...

The acoustic is distorted a bit from shitty microphones.

Use headphones

That is what I do. I have a great pair of 40 dollar Sony folding headphones that have lasted since October after extremely loud, bass heavy or treble heavy music has been played through them. Most ear buds will not hold up to my purposes. I had a pair of "heavy duty" ear buds made of metal (and said METAL on the package) that blew out after a few months of use. My next pair lost one driver from one of Zakk Wylde's pinch harmonics while listening to Black Label Society. I found some more that worked, but I finally got a pair of headphones. They haven't faltered yet.

They can play loud without being all up in your ear like ear buds. Also, Cancer sounds great played through them. So does Exodus. So does just about anything. However, you cannot beat a real open speaker. I have some hearing issues now, and I'm trying to be less harsh on my ears, so at home, I just listen through my phone speakers. They are small and trebly. Now, I have found my old Bluetooth speaker. It goes really loud, and shakes the room because it has small subwoofers on it too. It sounds great.

At school, I get started at with the headphones on. One teacher actually grabbed me by the collar and yanked me back and told me I can't wear them at school. I thought "fuck that", and I use them in school anyways (Not in class, of course). They are kind of clumsy and visually obstructive, but who gives a shit?

Reactions: RedStorm
Sheppards pie is fucking delicious!

I don't trust you American scum with Sheppard's Pie anymore since I heard so many of you fuckers confuse it with Cottage Pie and fuck the ingredients up.

Man I wish i could get some 5 hour workdays. I hit 60 hours in 4 days this week and had to lie about going out of town to get them off me this weekend. Would have probably been inching toward 90 hrs this week had I not.

Dude is that all at the same fucking job? Fuck that shit.

I stopped working my life away to that degree about 2 years ago, but I had 2 jobs so it was logical to be overworked. Fuck that shit, never again.

Sitting on my couch sipping some coffee and reading. Been home from work for two days due to being really, really fucking sick for the 4th or 5th time since November. My immune system is shit.

Even being home sick is a day off for me. I feel you @Krow . I work a solid 65-80 hours a week depending on the week. Shit is crazy. It's taking a toll on my body and mind lately.

Reactions: CiG
Dude is that all at the same fucking job? Fuck that shit.

I stopped working my life away to that degree about 2 years ago, but I had 2 jobs so it was logical to be overworked. Fuck that shit, never again.

Same job. Fuck it being two jobs. I can't imagine working two seperate jobs for that amount of time and getting no overtime pay.

Reactions: RedStorm
Sitting on my couch sipping some coffee and reading. Been home from work for two days due to being really, really fucking sick for the 4th or 5th time since November. My immune system is shit.

Even being home sick is a day off for me. I feel you @Krow . I work a solid 65-80 hours a week depending on the week. Shit is crazy. It's taking a toll on my body and mind lately.

I can't get over being sick either, man. It comes with the territory of working too fucking much, I've been sick all winter...

Doubt it. At the worse he'll have titinus, I say fuck it

Take it from somebody who has fairly severe tinnitus caused by exposing myself to loud headphones and guitar/bass amps throughout my teen years: tinnitus fucking sucks. I'm pretty good at ignoring it, but it never goes away and seems to only get worse as I get older. I have to wear ear plugs whenever I go to a concert because, otherwise, my tinnitus gets so irritated that I have difficulty hearing things for a week or more later. I've been listening to music at a quiet volume for a few years now and it does nothing to help the problem, it just stops it from getting worse.

I used to say the same shit when I was a teen. I don't necessarily regret it, because the loud music was fun, but a continual and sometimes loud high-pitched, squealing white noise that accompanies every moment of my waking existence gets pretty irritating.

I have had tinnitus. It's not fun. It was because of some sort of ear infection that I never did anything about after going to the beach. Basically, a loud whooshing noise.

Take it from somebody who has fairly severe tinnitus caused by exposing myself to loud headphones and guitar/bass amps throughout my teen years: tinnitus fucking sucks. I'm pretty good at ignoring it, but it never goes away and seems to only get worse as I get older. I have to wear ear plugs whenever I go to a concert because, otherwise, my tinnitus gets so irritated that I have difficulty hearing things for a week or more later. I've been listening to music at a quiet volume for a few years now and it does nothing to help the problem, it just stops it from getting worse.

I used to say the same shit when I was a teen. I don't necessarily regret it, because the loud music was fun, but a continual and sometimes loud high-pitched, squealing white noise that accompanies every moment of my waking existence gets pretty irritating.
Yeah that sounds horrible, excuse my ignorance about it.
The only thing that i have had recently thats anywhere near this level (really not at all) is when i workout and push myself, when i stop moving i will hear these loud, thunderous heart beats and when i first heard it i thought it was a concert. I know i should probably hit up the doctor about it but fuck that, I don't want to know i have a disease, id rather it kill me