The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Oh well that would suck. My Odyssey allows me to use the steering wheel controls to "Next/Prev Track" on my Google Music app (or whatever other music app one would use). You can rip at 192 or 320kbps btw, it just takes up way more space on an sdcard.....but you use a Iphone so no hd space to speak of :( :( :(

Yeah eventually I'll upgrade to a newer subaru with all of that stuff. For now it's CD player or ipod (through an FM transmitter so sound is worse also). But yeah I do rip at 192 or 320, space becomes an issue quickly.

So is there anyone that has grown their hair out here? any advice?

My hair is like this long:

BRcoyZ.th.jpg

That is my hair at peak length. Then, I have to cut it because of my sexist school.

It's almost that length again, I'm going to try to keep it the rest of the year so it can get past my shoulders hopefully this Summer.

Would you call it "longish"?

After I got it cut:

dlW35e.th.jpg

Actually, that's a whole month after. I looked really girly right after I got it cut. I look really girly with short, bowlish hair.

Reactions: CiG
Yeah eventually I'll upgrade to a newer subaru with all of that stuff. For now it's CD player or ipod (through an FM transmitter so sound is worse also). But yeah I do rip at 192 or 320, space becomes an issue quickly.

You need something with space. I think I also have the option of just plugging in a usb stick and working from that but I have a 64gb card in my Samsung and I keep it synced with my ripped collection. Yeah FM transmitters are terrible. I don't know how you even find an open channel with no interference in your area.

Edit: BTW you could replace your head with one that supports BT or aux input. They aren't that expensive.

you drive a minivan? nice

Hopefully only until I get into my career. Then it will be fuckyou truck time (or whatever unknown called them) again for me. Had to downsize from my old Megacab while being a student with a family for years.

Reactions: RedStorm
You need something with space. I think I also have the option of just plugging in a usb stick and working from that but I have a 64gb card in my Samsung and I keep it synced with my ripped collection. Yeah FM transmitters are terrible. I don't know how you even find an open channel with no interference in your area.

Edit: BTW you could replace your head with one that supports BT or aux input. They aren't that expensive.

I can't actually. In my specific year/model of subaru the stereo is wired in with the air conditioning or something. I've looked into it but it has potential for all kinds of problems so I'm not messing it. It sounds pretty good too, so I put up with the lack of features.

What kind of music are you listening to on that minivan/Samsung? I never see you post in the music forum so I don't even know what you like.

I can't actually. In my specific year/model of subaru the stereo is wired in with the air conditioning or something. I've looked into it but it has potential for all kinds of problems so I'm not messing it. It sounds pretty good too, so I put up with the lack of features.

What kind of music are you listening to on that minivan/Samsung? I never see you post in the music forum so I don't even know what you like.

Yeah I don't have the time to post over there anymore. Mostly thrash/death/groove and some rock and folk/black.

Edit: I miss the Zune profile page that showed your listens.

haha fucking kids

actually redstorm and iron wizard would make a cute couple :rofl:

Reactions: CiG
View attachment 4883

heres my hair, i look like a retard

I'm guessing you have some sort of hair restriction too? I look like a retard after a haircut. My hair goes back like a rooster tail kind of. I have very fine hair, and it often looks stringy, and it gets everywhere. I can't style it.

Holy shit I look weird here:

pIWvnr.th.jpg

People say I'm pretty attractive, but why don't I have a girlfriend? Maybe it's the way I act? I had someone tell me that no one would ever sell me any drugs because I act high all of the time. Really, I'm depressed, I self mutilate, and sniff glue. I just act crazy sometimes. The thing I can't stand about my appearance is how young I look. Someone told me I look 8. I still get offered kids menus with crayons at restaurants. When I was 12, I was offered a fucking high chair. (I'm only 5'0 at 15). I'm guessing 4'6 at 12. The teachers always smile at me when I walk by, apparently, I look "happy and innocent", like a child. You know, the way I look, or my size, it has nothing to do with my thoughts.

haha fucking kids

actually redstorm and iron wizard would make a cute couple :rofl:

When I do have feelings for another male, said male is always younger than me. (Kind of feminine)... I never want to actually date a male anyway.

I do have sexual feelings for myself, which is strange...

Cool. What are your favorite thrash/death bands?

I don't know if I could really rank anything but based on who gets the most listens Warbringer and reboot Death Angel are the top 2 thrash bands. Death I don't even know. Soilwork (my fav group) and LoG get more listens than any particular actual death metal band, although I do like Decapitated, Bolt Thrower, FGA, etc.

I don't know if I could really rank anything but based on who gets the most listens Warbringer and reboot Death Angel are the top 2 thrash bands. Death I don't even know. Soilwork (my fav group) and LoG get more listens than any particular actual death metal band, although I do like Decapitated, Bolt Thrower, FGA, etc.

Yeah I'm a big fan of Warbringer. Mostly live, I don't actually listen to their albums much. But they have some kickass live energy, gets me pumped up every time. Seen them like 7 times now. I know a ton of newer thrash bands if you're interested/have time to check them out.

That's cool. I have a Soilwork album (Natural Born Chaos) and I listened to it a lot back in like 2003. Haven't caught up with their newer stuff. Which album(s) would you say to start with?

As far as Death I prefer old school like Death, Obituary, Atheist, Pestilence etc.

Yeah I'm a big fan of Warbringer. Mostly live, I don't actually listen to their albums much. But they have some kickass live energy, gets me pumped up every time. Seen them like 7 times now. I know a ton of newer thrash bands if you're interested/have time to check them out.

That's cool. I have a Soilwork album and I listened to it a lot back in like 2003. Haven't caught up with their newer stuff. Which album(s) would you say to start with?

As far as Death I prefer old school like Death, Obituary, Atheist, Pestilence etc.

Yeah I like Death as well. Not those other 3 though. I'm definitely more of a modern death fan. FGA, Absymal Dawn, Dying Fetus, etc.

I like all the Soilwork albums for diff reasons. In terms of the sort of "quality" this board would laud, Steelbath Suicide, Natural Born Chaos, and The Ride Majestic are probably their best efforts. Bjorn Strid is easily my favorite vocalist, so I also like Disarmonia Mundi (similar to Soilwork but different enough. Except for the most recent album. Mind Tricks and Isolation Game were great).

I thought the Worlds Torn Asunder album was great. It's on my relatively limited "Run" playlist I listen to while running (obv).

Yeah I like Death as well. Not those other 3 though. I'm definitely more of a modern death fan. FGA, Absymal Dawn, Dying Fetus, etc.

I like all the Soilwork albums for diff reasons. In terms of the sort of "quality" this board would laud, Steelbath Suicide, Natural Born Chaos, and The Ride Majestic are probably their best efforts. Bjorn Strid is easily my favorite vocalist, so I also like Disarmonia Mundi (similar to Soilwork but different enough. Except for the most recent album. Mind Tricks and Isolation Game were great).

I thought the Worlds Torn Asunder album was great. It's on my relatively limited "Run" playlist I listen to while running (obv).

What are your thoughts on Exmortus, Havok, Hatchet, Evile, Vektor?

What are your thoughts on Exmortus, Havok, Hatchet, Evile, Vektor?

I bought Vektor's demo CD ("Demolition") out of the back of their van in 07 or 08 before they got hot. They wowed as still "local talent" in Phoenix at the time. I've got to be in the mood for their techy thrash shrieking style but it's good stuff. I like Havok and Hatchet alright, but I saw Hatchet open for Soilwork once and I thought the live performance wasn't as good as the Dawn of the End album (which I like while not being impressed with it on any technical level). Haven't gotten into Exmortus or Evile.

I bought Vektor's demo CD ("Demolition") out of the back of their van in 07 or 08 before they got hot. They wowed as still "local talent" in Phoenix at the time. I've got to be in the mood for their techy thrash shrieking style but it's good stuff. I like Havok and Hatchet alright, but I saw Hatchet open for Soilwork once and I thought the live performance wasn't as good as the Dawn of the End album (which I like while not being impressed with it on any technical level). Haven't gotten into Exmortus or Evile.

Nice, yeah I saw them live back when they were still in Phoenix too. But that was post-Black Future. That demo is probably worth something now.

For Evile I'd say start with the Enter the Grave album. There's a possibility you might like it if you dig Hatchet and Warbringer.

Exmortus is one of my current favorite bands. Most people would say to start with In Hatred's Flame, but I like Slave to the Sword or Ride Forth a bit better. Really you can't go wrong with any of their albums imo.

If you like Vektor at all definitely check out Aspid - Extravasation if you haven't yet. One of the best tech thrash albums.

Other recs, or if you already know them lemme know:

Violator, Vhol, Lazarus A.D. (since you mentioned groove), Ripper, Deathraiser, Hexen, Fueled by Fire