The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Lunch time wine, farts that smell like bacon (or colonic cancer?), bout to start on a second song for a Ruins of Beverast rip offy thing.

I would either eat cereal/fruit or just not eat breakfast

Ah well good for you. Cereal is really pretty bad for you. I do often just eat fruit for breakfast, or skip it too. But to say 'for the first time in your life' is surprising. Like you never made yourself scrambled eggs in Junior high or something?

I'm eating dried mango and browsing the forums adequately, which i havent done in a long while. I'm also procrastinating finishing up a paper for class. Yesterday my debate team won a few trophies (two of them won speaker awards and one team won number 10 in the tournament). Super proud of my girls, and in hindsight I'm going to miss my 8th graders. Even though I'm doing a countdown to summer break, I'm going to miss those smelly kids and arguing with them every day.

Ah well good for you. Cereal is really pretty bad for you. I do often just eat fruit for breakfast, or skip it too. But to say 'for the first time in your life' is surprising. Like you never made yourself scrambled eggs in Junior high or something?

My mother always cooked for me. I only recently cooked Ramen noodles for myself. I figure I need to figure this shit out now that I own a house

Reactions: Baroque
My mother always cooked for me. I only recently cooked Ramen noodles for myself. I figure I need to figure this shit out now that I own a house

Also, you went straight from mom's house to home ownership? Interesting. Not saying there's anything wrong with this just your life has been very different from mine.

Also, you went straight from mom's house to home ownership? Interesting. Not saying there's anything wrong with this just your life has been very different from mine.

No, I went from parents house to an apartment then to an apartment with a roommate to parents house to home ownership.

How did you never cook for yourself at the apartment? Idk this is a bit mind boggling. I'll probably sound old for saying this but in junior high we had to take a home ec class which taught us how to cook stuff like eggs, bacon, cookies, rice, potatoes, cake etc. I've heard younger generations don't have to take this class. I wish they did, it also taught us useful things like how to write checks, exercise at home, and flossing. I've been cooking for myself ever since.

That is weird. I can see that moreso for students with disabilities. I suppose its useful nonetheless. Lord knows many of these kids arent learning necessary skills from their parents anyways. :lol:

Reactions: Phylactery
A class that taught you how to floss? What the fuck, that seems really strange.

That was part of one day's lesson. Sure, we also had dental workers come to school in elementary and teach us how to brush and mouthwash. They don't do this anymore? Academic subjects aren't everything.. they need to bring back these classes that made kids well rounded healthy individuals. You all seriously never had to take Home Economics?

[edit] Hmm I guess not.

In 1994, “home economics” was replaced by “family and consumer science.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_economics

I feel old.

Nope, I didn't. I had to do food technology for the first 3 years of high school and then it become optional as a GCSE. We just cooked some random things for the lesson. Visiting the dentist taught me how to take care of my teeth.

I did this. Took a bit longer than I wanted but glad I did. Would have wasted so much money over the years paying for places I never owned. My parents were pretty cool about it, just asking me to pay my specific bills and do a bit of work around the house.

When I moved out my girlfriend (now wife) moved in with me the same day. My mom had always been extremely lazy though and I had been occasionally cooking for myself and doing my laundry and whatnot since I was like 12.

I don't really like breakfast food. I'm probably strange for that. I'd rather grab a banana and protein bar or something instead of the whole sausage and eggs forever thing most Americans do.

I did this. Took a bit longer than I wanted but glad I did. Would have wasted so much money over the years paying for places I never owned. My parents were pretty cool about it, just asking me to pay my specific bills and do a bit of work around the house.

That's my goal too. Depending on the housing market by the time I graduate and where the jobs are, I may not be able to afford it, but all this saved stipend money should hopefully be enough for a nice down payment. Living at home is awesome, same deal, I do some chores and I can do my own laundry and shit, not 100% manchild, but still free rent and free homecooked food.

Reactions: The Ozzman
Just took five shots of gin and drank a beer. Hasn't quite hit me yet. Weird shit happens when you do all that in sub 10 minutes.