The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

I hated math when I started on this path. I also hated giving presentations. I started out as a music major which I loved, but I got into math because of the demand and opportunity to branch into damn near anything (I couldn't make up my mind). I found out I'm fucking great at math, and then it grew on me quickly. Presenting doesn't really bother me anymore as long as people listen and aren't rude.

Anyway, point is, even if you hate something, if you're super good at it consider pursuing it, if there's potential for growth. You might grow to like it. Being naturally gifted/better than most people has its advantages and makes you feel good sometimes.

I think it's also important to utilize the skills you've picked up along your working life, rather than just what you've learned in school. A lot of people completely 180 their career paths with no real world experience whatsoever. And they look like idiots. Street smarts are valuable.

I plan on bullshitting my way to an IT position with disjointed business schooling and a shit ton of financial experience because I know my way around computers and excel at excel. I've been working since I was 16. You gotta segue.

Well I don't think I'm particularly smart (at least more so than most people) but I've come to find out that I might be charismatic. Which, hey, I'll take it. If people will listen to me simply because they "trust" (or whatever it is) me it just makes me work harder to give them something of value to listen to. Also, I'm basically a machine when it comes to work. I've been working (lesson planning, grading, grad class, calling and conferencing with parents, debate team, etc) 17 hour days up until mid May this entire year. Now, I've figured out how to manage my time better and more effectively. But work stamina is important. ADHD sucks but when I'm focused i can't be pulled away, and no matter where I am (could be on the toilet :lol:) I'll be working to get it done.

Last edited:
Reactions: tagradh
That sounds awful.

9-10 hours hard physical work and then done. Much nicer. Currently working on a swimming park with flumes and pirate ships and whatnot that i used to go to as a little kid. I feel like grown up peter pan.

Reactions: Dak
It should be illegal to be this wasted on the the train. Gotta travel and sleep over in Brooklyn for the mermaid parade and had happy hour with my coworkers earlier. I really wanna go to sleep but if I sleep that'll be the end of me.

I'm not a big fan of any of the 'REAL TALK' tv host people.

In a bar with beers and pizza. I wish i owned a bar. With a gym outside. And a tractor.

Is it just me or is Stephen Colbert overrated and shit? People keep sharing his clips with me and I don't get it.

I used to love his segment back when he was on the Daily Show with John Stewart. He was doing the whole extremely "white", sarcastic, and random witty humor before the internet became oversaturated with such content, so it used to come off as fresh. His bits are definitely less ambitious now, and I dont really find him all that funny anymore.

Reactions: CiG and Dak
My dad came over. I don't have much of a relationship with him and we only talk through texts. Probably before this last I saw him was a few months ago. He's just a pretty awkward/strange dude. Very hard to relate to, I suppose i get my eccentricness from him. But he drank damn near all my wine and played records on my vinyl player. I suppose the similarities are there.

Now, I'm doing some grad work waiting for my Indian food order to come. Chicken tikki massala :kickass:

Drinking coffee, listening to some tunes, and car hunting again. The BMW lease is up in August so I need to start looking for a replacement. To make this decision even more difficult, Tesla came out with a really badass lease program for employees for the Model S 60. :/

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

My dad is a stupid adorable little weirdo. He's like a foot shorter than me and it's endearing. My bro and I made him a boss breakfast this morning then we played Pokemon stadium and watched YouTube vids. He's been super fascinated by salad fingers since I showed him that shit a decade ago, and I think I made a wkuk believer out of him today.

Hell yeah for awesome dads. Watching a Stevie ray vaughn documentary right now, basking in the glow of a newly rearranged living room.