The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Ohhhhhhh salad fingers.

About to head out for a late night walk, hoping the storm breaks over head to help alleviate some of this humidity.

your butt doesnt hurt with all of that work youre putting it through? yikes. :lol:

I'm drinking. And feeling nice because i had a bomb ass time with my 8th graders on their senior trip. Also, i went canoeing for the first time with them and the fucking shit almost tipped over. I paddled my way right the hell back to shore because i'm not sure if i remember how to swim and i didnt want to die. My 8th graders took pleasure running their damn canoes into mine to see my reaction. dang, i wish work was this awesome all the time.

That does sound fun, but I never want to do school trips. Seems like it'd be a nightmare trying to keep them all in check. How old are 8th graders?

It can be! we left the heavy hitters inside the building, though. Mine are like 14-16 years old. But they are kind of old. Typically they are 13-14 years old.

Facing existential crisis over where to take my career next. I have health insurance service, general finance, and IT under my belt, but no official certifications. As far as education there's an associates accounting degree I got a third of the way through, medical billing cert I got halfway through, and obviously HS diploma. Meanwhile my job experience has been finance and IT focused, with a lot of bitch work.

Anyone wanna give me advice? I'm 26. Just a kid. Just a poor, dumb kid trying to make rent and have a vacation home someday. I feel like I should get my A++ or comptia and capitalize on my standing knowledge of Cisco/citrix systems for use within a financial or healthcare-related environment. But how quickly can it be done....

I mean, with experience under your belt (grunt work or not) if you do some training online you can grab some certificates pertaining to networking and help give yourself some more leverage without going back to school for an assosiates. A couple hundred bucks well invested to take the tests.