The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Trying to figure out how I'm gonna phrase "yo you can't schedule me to work on my vacation week, I really don't care if you need me those days or not" in a polite and professional way to my manager tomorrow.

I was approved for July 2nd to 9th (as we are only allowed to take Saturday to Saturday) months ago, and turns out my manager ignored this and scheduled me for the 2nd and 3rd. As far as I know, it's against union rules.

Reactions: RedStorm
Trying to figure out how I'm gonna phrase "yo you can't schedule me to work on my vacation week, I really don't care if you need me those days or not" in a polite and professional way to my manager tomorrow.

I was approved for July 2nd to 9th (as we are only allowed to take Saturday to Saturday) months ago, and turns out my manager ignored this and scheduled me for the 2nd and 3rd. As far as I know, it's against union rules.

If you have the approval notice, flash it in your managers face and be like yo, not gonna be here. Not your fault overhead communication blows.

If you don't have any proof, that's the second story you've told recently where you don't have anything to back up your claim and you really need to wisen up. I know Canadians are super trusting and shit but always write down your confirmation codes, always keep a record, always get it in writing.

Reactions: Funerary_Doom
@Krow did the flooding affect you at all over there?

I was spared pretty well completely.
It's a nightmare south though. Got a buddy that's in our local vfd and he said you could just see people floating everywhere in the water. He said 100s are uncounted for, just not confirmed dead yet. Whole towns, washed away. Some places the water was almost 40 feet above flood level.

I may be driving a truck full of food, dog and cat food and supplies down there tomorrow. If I do, I'll try and take some pictures.

Drinking natural ice, it tastes like toxic waste, got this T-Shirt recently. It cracks me up.
s-l1000.jpg

If you have the approval notice, flash it in your managers face and be like yo, not gonna be here. Not your fault overhead communication blows.

If you don't have any proof, that's the second story you've told recently where you don't have anything to back up your claim and you really need to wisen up. I know Canadians are super trusting and shit but always write down your confirmation codes, always keep a record, always get it in writing.
They don't give us confirmation in writing, they just verbally inform us.

Regardless, mission success anyways. I talked to my manager like, twice, and now he knows he made a mistake on my Saturday and Sunday and that I'm not showing up. So I can't be reprimanded for being a no-show.

Got done with a nice bike ride with mah boy. Going to get him in bed here and then enjoy a couple cigars and rye on the deck with an old friend to catch up.

Been smashing the ceilings outa some posh school for a few hours. Drinking coffee. Sorta want to fap but even though the kids are on another site doing sports day and i'm surrounded by sweatyen i bet being caught would land me on a pedo register. Because logic.

I've seen that "run away from him if" thing before. That list has me fucked on multiple accounts haha.

lmao

well I figured it was mainly reblogged for like abusive relationships. I likely reblogged out of respect of my friends mum, she was telling me she dealt with so many women with like injuries from being strangled, punched, kicked etc cause she's a community matron/nurse, told me so many fucking horror stories, it's scary af