The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

91cvs.jpg

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
I've never played a pokemon game. Is it a tactical RPG like FF Tactics?

It's a turn-based RPG game where you can assemble a team of up to six monsters and battle NPCs or other human players. Most battles are fought by one monster at a time on either side, but the newer games have double and triple battles as well.

Every monster has one or two elemental types associated with them that determine their strengths and weaknesses, in addition to each monster learning different moves and having a different stat spread. Sometimes they can evolve into a stronger monster when they get enough experience points or under other circumstances.

Basically, you play as someone who wants to be the best trainer and collect badges and beat the elite trainers of your region.

Some of my coworkers came into work energy drinked up to their eyeballs the day after that came out, after playing it all night. Cutesies.

This game is nothing special but still enticing as hell. Weird. The only thing that bothers me about it is the fact it's so fucking mainstream now, lots of people play it because the others do it, most of them don't even know shit about pokemon, basic facts like that fire is effective for grass or ground for poison.

I think I'd really dig Australia. I wanted to be a herpetologist when I was a kid and love both desert and ocean. All to be had in abundance there.

Reactions: CiG
The only thing that bothers me about it is the fact it's so fucking mainstream now, lots of people play it because the others do it, most of them don't even know shit about pokemon, basic facts like that fire is effective for grass or ground for poison.

Lol, so I guess there are elitists even in the world of children's entertainment.

Reactions: Carpe Mortem
^I share your elitism. It pisses me off when people don't have an appreciation for selective breeding too. Like bitch why the fuck do you have four of the same Pokemon right now, transfer that shit and just level up one.

Or the people with multiple vaporeons. Fucking transfer them and use the candy to get another eevolution.