The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

This weather sucks Bigfoots dick!
I enjoy summer. The sun is out forever, activities, swimming
But fuck the world when the heat index is 110. The dewpoint was around 80 degrees all day. AWFUL!

Yeah, the old karaoke DJ at the place I frequent lost his job because he would get really drunk and accept bribes from people to play. We get so many people at karaoke that there usually isn't much of a rotation it's just you put your song in, and then you sit an hour and a half to sing it.

So, I got a new job at an A school in the same district/borough.

The school I teach in is a renewal school, and is 15th of the worse schools in New York State. Now, somehow I managed to get an effective for my teacher rating, and my school was merging with another school that is in the building (the school it was merging with was renewal for violence and academics). Anyways, this girl I talk to in my class said her school was highering for Special Education teachers. So I sent in my resume, went on the interview and got the job on the spot. I'm sooooo excited.

I feel bad leaving my students, but this school has way more resources. Also since it is the same district I think I'll sorta be working with the same population just way better managed. My school was pretty dangerous. A few times, kids from other schools would come in and try to start fights with my students. And there was no dean. I'd literally have 15 y/os who are like 6 feet tall hiding behind me. While I tough talk some grown looking man who's a student at another school telling him if he touches a hair on me he'd be in jail with the utmost quickness.

Anyways, I really do feel bad. I'm getting my Masters for free and feel pretty strongly about giving back to the community. But damn there needed to be a Dean in there because sometimes it was way too hot to have the door locked and I just hated how random fucking people could just walk in and harass or try and attack my students, there was no damn security.

Anyways, I am really happy and think I can learn a ton at this new school. Also, there's technology. Hell yeah.

So, I got a new job at an A school in the same district/borough.

The school I teach in is a renewal school, and is 15th of the worse schools in New York State. Now, somehow I managed to get an effective for my teacher rating, and my school was merging with another school that is in the building (the school it was merging with was renewal for violence and academics). Anyways, this girl I talk to in my class said her school was highering for Special Education teachers. So I sent in my resume, went on the interview and got the job on the spot. I'm sooooo excited.

I feel bad leaving my students, but this school has way more resources. Also since it is the same district I think I'll sorta be working with the same population just way better managed. My school was pretty dangerous. A few times, kids from other schools would come in and try to start fights with my students. And there was no dean. I'd literally have 15 y/os who are like 6 feet tall hiding behind me. While I tough talk some grown looking man who's a student at another school telling him if he touches a hair on me he'd be in jail with the utmost quickness.

Anyways, I really do feel bad. I'm getting my Masters for free and feel pretty strongly about giving back to the community. But damn there needed to be a Dean in there because sometimes it was way too hot to have the door locked and I just hated how random fucking people could just walk in and harass or try and attack my students, there was no damn security.

Anyways, I am really happy and think I can learn a ton at this new school. Also, there's technology. Hell yeah.

Very respectable career and congrats on moving forward. My baby mama works in the same field.

Ahhh, that's really cool. It's within the same vein for sure. congrats to getting the teaching degree though. you sorta do a lot of the same things working with the students, just the degree offers a bit more.

I only smoke like every second weekend and it has made my tolerance go down like crazy. I can make a gram last about two days.

@Funerary_Doom Just overall burned out. When i dont have weed i cant eat or sleep properly. I've been getting all kinds of weird aches and pains in the past few years that go away when i dont smoke for a day or two. But then again i smoke a lot and take monstrous hits too. I can clear half a gram with one hit in a bong. Every time i tried to stop for a few days i literally felt like i was kicking. That's a sign that means i need to temporarily flush that shit out of my sytem, but i've been ignoring it. What i want to do is become a "recreational" smoker, and in order to do that i def. need to go cold turkey right now.

I smoked weed several times years ago and it did basically nothing, so I stopped bothering with it.

Where do you live? I know it def isn't california. I've smoked weed from every part of this planet, and we def have the best weed out here, by far ... stuff that will def fuck you up. Some of the shit that comes from other places wont even pass for weed out here.