The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

lol, in my experience there is definitely some truth to this. I met a lot of stoners at college, and most of them were dumbfucks who were just obsessed with talking about weed and having pseudo-intellectual conversations about spiritual experiences. Then again, not all stoners are these types, so I tend to smoke with people who are an exception to the rule.

I actually haven't met many dumb stoners, usually because if they turn out to be dumb and shallow I don't smoke with them again. I only smoke with my buds anymore; never any dull conversation, and we always get out walking and exploring while smoking joints. Enjoying nature.

I hate those stoners that turn into zombies that don't talk anymore, most of my stoner friends are like this. Then you have the types that descend into conspiracy theories and can't stop ranting about chemtrails.

I kinda turn into a zombie but I'm usually so transfixed on music or a movie. It really makes everything so much more interesting. But people? in social situations? I'm fuckin out, humans up close always scare the shit out of me when I'm high

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
~50% of the population is of below average intelligence, and average intelligence is pretty bad. Pot, like some other stimulants, merely lowers expression inhibitions. In short, yes, it illuminates the "dumb fuck".

Lately (as of the past year) I've taken a liking to smoking joints by myself and just listening to tunes in the dark or watching Star Trek tbh. I still greatly enjoy social smoking but I've opened up to smoking by myself. It's nice quiet time.

~50% of the population is of below average intelligence, and average intelligence is pretty bad. Pot, like some other stimulants, merely lowers expression inhibitions. In short, yes, it illuminates the "dumb fuck".

Not overused, pot can also stimulate creativity and introspection in the other 50%.

Pot isn't that bad. I prefer smoking it alone (I have issues eating and sleeping clearly since I'm up at 4:40 am) but this whole thing about people being dumb and quiet just depends on the person. Some people get pretty analytical and if there's something stimulating to do it could be a good time. A boring time is a boring time, don't blame pot

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Out of the hordes of stoner friends I have, I have one switched-on analytical-while-high-and-cool-while-sober friend (who just happens to also be my closest and oldest friend).

Edit: also the difference between occasional smokers and regular smokers needs to be recognised. Plenty of irregular smokers can be insanely fun, it's usually the regular smokers that are boring.

There is a somewhat similar case to be made for regular and occasional drinkers too, but I haven't noticed it being anywhere near as bad.

Last edited:
I hate those stoners that turn into zombies that don't talk anymore, most of my stoner friends are like this. Then you have the types that descend into conspiracy theories and can't stop ranting about chemtrails.

This is what happens when you decide that the activity of the night will be to smoke a bowl and then sit on the couch. I think id prefer to sit in silence and turn up the volume on the music or play a game than to devolve into vapid conspiracy theory discussions. I dont mind it too much if people want to talk about reasonable topics, or current events, or whatever, but when people start discussing hoaxes and other such bullshit, I usually have to suppress the desire to ruin the mood and tell them to shut the fuck up.

I think at least some of the problem has to do with smoking on a low tolerance, with really good weed, or both. Im more of an occasional smoker than a daily smoker, and the last time I got high with a friend (we were at MDF), his weed was so potent that for the first hour or so all I could do was sit there and laugh my ass off uncontrollably. It's really hard to have a discussion with someone when you cant keep a straight face or say anything with relative coherence. I got used to the weed as the weekend progressed, but the first bowl of this stuff was like smoking weed for the first time all over again. I guess there are just people who get boring after smoking though.

Lately (as of the past year) I've taken a liking to smoking joints by myself and just listening to tunes in the dark or watching Star Trek tbh. I still greatly enjoy social smoking but I've opened up to smoking by myself. It's nice quiet time.

My most enjoyable smoke sessions are often by myself, so I tend to agree with you here. Weed tends to make me analytical and introspective (not in a conspiracy theory way), which makes interpreting and enjoying music to be very enjoyable. Many albums have 'clicked' for me while under the influence. It makes visualizing atmosphere in black metal much more natural. I remember the first time I listened to The Work Which Transforms God high one day, and it absolutely blew me away how it genuinely seemed like the music was being performed by a skeleton orchestra lurching through the darkness in chains.

Some folks, myself included, also shut down on certain strains because of paranoia. People misunderstand paranoia, they think it's worrying about the police coming. It's not. It's about thinking all your friends are secretly out to get you and everyone's actually making fun of you with inside jokes you can't comprehend.

I leave when it's that kind of high, but when I can't, I tend to go zombie.

Reactions: Internally Deformed
Some folks, myself included, also shut down on certain strains because of paranoia. People misunderstand paranoia, they think it's worrying about the police coming. It's not. It's about thinking all your friends are secretly out to get you and everyone's actually making fun of you with inside jokes you can't comprehend.

I leave when it's that kind of high, but when I can't, I tend to go zombie.

Yeah, you hit the nail on the head with this. Spent Christmas getting high with 4 Germans I'd never met before, and having the people you're hanging with be able to communicate in another language really doesn't assist with that kind of paranoia, particularly if it happens to be German, lol. Going zombie is the only sane option.

Reactions: Carpe Mortem