The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

so he officially went today. Glad he's not ill anymore, at least. Been 10 years since a close family member died, definitely not used to this shit.

thanks TB

So i think i might have tinnitus. I've had this contestant feint ringing in my ears that has not gone away for past two weeks. fuck.

I have this too. Do you listen to earbuds loud? The less I do it, it tends to let up. That and I haven't been to a concert for a while helps too I think. Play your music out loud if you can kids, unless you like the thought of a phantom ringing in your ears.

Reactions: Dak
I was worried about getting tinnitus for years, ever since I noticed that my hearing had gotten worse from listening to loud music. I eased up on listening as loudly a few years back and I think I got lucky because I don't have any real issues aside from slightly reduced hearing efficiency.

I have this too. Do you listen to earbuds loud? The less I do it, it tends to let up. That and I haven't been to a concert for a while helps too I think. Play your music out loud if you can kids, unless you like the thought of a phantom ringing in your ears.

I haven't used earbuds in months, but now i'm afraid to even listen through regular speakers. This shit has been barely letting me get any sleep in the last few days. The ringing started after a hard night of partying, or maybe a shoulder/back workout i did that has my neck a little stiff till today, not sure but this shit is fuckin' hell. :(

Is yours persistent? I havent had silence for about a week now.

so he officially went today. Glad he's not ill anymore, at least. Been 10 years since a close family member died, definitely not used to this shit.

thanks TB

Condolences man. The torture is over for him now, may he truly rest in peace.

My Grandfather has been in the middle to late stages of Alzheimer's for the last few years, but my grandmothers passing last month completely wrecked him. He doesn't have much time left either. What's even sadder is my Grandmother was still full of life when she passed, but he's been long gone for a while now. Everyone just make sure to take care of yourselves as you grow older. Nothing is more important than your health.

Last edited:
I haven't used earbuds in months, but now i'm afraid to even listen through regular speakers. This shit has been barely letting me get any sleep in the last few days. The ringing started after a hard night of partying, or maybe a shoulder/back workout i did that has my neck a little stiff till today, not sure but this shit is fuckin' hell. :(

Is yours persistent? I havent had silence for about a week now.

Mine's intensity will come and go depending on how long I manage to avoid loud noises. Sometimes at work something will set it off too which is really lame. If it's not really bad I can kind of ignore it, which would describe right now, can't really hear it unless there's no other sound present. I have to sleep with a fan (or AC) on to combat it and let me sleep. I can still listen to music at a decent level, just can't go overboard and have to be super careful with earbuds/wear earplugs at shows.

Went to the dentist today for the second time this year, last time got a filling, this time got a broken tooth in the back of my mouth pulled. Haven't had a tooth pulled since I was a child. That was quite unpleasant.

My throat has been bothering me for the past few days and i think it has to do with the AC but it is way too hot to turn it off. So right now im sitting with a scarf around my neck, feeling dumb but less irritated.

also, i use to have nightmares about teeth being pulled out. probably an excuse to eat all the ice cream.

Mine's intensity will come and go depending on how long I manage to avoid loud noises. Sometimes at work something will set it off too which is really lame. If it's not really bad I can kind of ignore it, which would describe right now, can't really hear it unless there's no other sound present. I have to sleep with a fan (or AC) on to combat it and let me sleep. I can still listen to music at a decent level, just can't go overboard and have to be super careful with earbuds/wear earplugs at shows.

Went to the dentist today for the second time this year, last time got a filling, this time got a broken tooth in the back of my mouth pulled. Haven't had a tooth pulled since I was a child. That was quite unpleasant.

Fuuuuck, so i guess im in for the long haul hu? Yeah, ima try the fan trick today, or maybe put on some very soft music or something. I said fuck it and went to the ER since my primary/family doc couldn't get me in to see him this week and they said i have sinusitis(along with tension headaches) and gave me an antibiotic but didnt really say anything about ringing in my ear. They said maybe it will go away once the sinus infection clears up. It sound like a buzzing streetlamp. I have a newfound respect for anyone who suffers from tinnitus.

I got one of my back teeth pulled out a few months ago. Did you go with an implant or just said fuck it?

Fuuuuck, so i guess im in for the long haul hu? Yeah, ima try the fan trick today, or maybe put on some very soft music or something. I said fuck it and went to the ER since my primary/family doc couldn't get me in to see him this week and they said i have sinusitis(along with tension headaches) and gave me an antibiotic but didnt really say anything about ringing in my ear. They said maybe it will go away once the sinus infection clears up. It sound like a buzzing streetlamp. I have a newfound respect for anyone who suffers from tinnitus.

I got one of my back teeth pulled out a few months ago. Did you go with an implant or just said fuck it?

Lol, is the Heathen avatar a reference to the tinnitus? Anyway, it's pretty cool.

I'm quite amazed that I don't have tinnitus yet. I go to loud concerts constantly, jam with bands in dimly lit basements with amps that are far too loud for the size of the room, and blast music through my headphones at quite loud volumes, but I never have any problems with ringing.

My insurance would have covered an implant but I just said fuck it since you can't see it at all unless you're looking directly into my mouth. I'm also trying to be a scumbag and horde the pain meds to take when I feel better and just drink liquor for a few days until it's done hurting.

I've had tinnitus for about 14 years. Walked out of a club in 2002 after an all-nighter and my ears were never the same. It's lucky that I'm a pretty tolerant person or I probably would've topped myself by now. Mine is a screaming white noise that varies in intensity and sometimes includes clicking noises or tones. It's the worst thing ever but God don't care about my problems, no sir. So I just put up with it because I have to. Need some motherfucking stem cells up in my ears but I'll be lucky if that happens in my lifetime.

I've read that in order to get by and not go insane, you should 'make friends' with your tinnitus. Fuck that hippie crap. It's annoying and it always will be but you've just gotta deal with it.

Damn, but the thing is im almost sure mines has nothing to do with loud music. I haven't been to a show in years and rarely use headphones/earbuds.

My insurance would have covered an implant but I just said fuck it since you can't see it at all unless you're looking directly into my mouth. I'm also trying to be a scumbag and horde the pain meds to take when I feel better and just drink liquor for a few days until it's done hurting.

Yeah same here. Initially i was gonna get the implant then said fuck it when i was told that it really wouldn't bother me by a few of my friends. And the dentist talking about putting "bone fragments" in my mouth didnt help much either. But now im thinking of maybe going back and getting it. Cant eat anything hard/crunchy(like chips for example)on that side. sucks.

I tend to think those people were always assholes. Pot just brought the "dumb fuck" out. Joe Rogan is a good example

See, people sometimes wrongly attribute creativity to weed. But it can only stimulate an already creative mind. It opens certain windows that one's sober mind could not see. The instincts necessary for survival do not necessarily overlap with the instincts necessary for innovative thought. In the majority of circumstances, it is detrimental to act under THC-induced haze. But there is a small minority of occasions where it truly does enhance one's efficacy. However, while weed can grant a person certain new intuitions, it is up to the sober mind to properly realize these thoughts, or, indeed, to realize whether such thoughts were even worthwhile in the first place. For example, as I am typing this, while high, I imagine that this is some bold, mind-blowing new insight into the subject, but later on, I will see this as just another banal observation about weed.

^Accurate. See also:

Accurate. His claim that they do expand the mind are what I fundamentally disagree with though. Everyone has limitations and hallucinogenics can only tap into what's already there. Usually in a stupid, convoluted way, like you realize you should quit your shitty job because the chair told you so and we're all like connected to our furniture, man.